Once installed, players will be required to download a data pack before hard closing and reopening the game application in order to access the title.
It’s the latest in a series of chunky updates for a game which already takes up over 175GB of hard drive space on PS4.
In February, Modern Warfare production director Paul Haile apologised for another hefty update and said Infinity Ward was “constantly trying to fight back against both download size and disk footprint”.
Original story continues: Tuesday’s Modern Warfare playlist updates will also feature Shoot the Ship 24/7 (including Cranked and Grind) and some Gunfight variations, plus there’ll be a new Obsidian camo to unlock and bug fixes including the following:
- Fix for a bug where PC players using a Vega64 GPU could see corrupted outlines around their character models and weapons.
- Fix for a bug where selecting the USEF 1 skin for the Mil-Sim Operator appears as the default skin in Co-op
- Adjusted the speed and sizing of the circle in Warzone
- Fix for a bug where completing the completionist challenges for the SKS are unlocking the associated camos for the Renetti
- Fix for a bug where unlocking camos for the SKS was inconsistent with other camo challenges for marksman rifles
- Fixed a bug where the “Hard Wired” skin for Alex would appear in thermals while Cold Blooded is equipped
- Fixed a bug where some watches were appearing the wrong direction when gesturing
- Fixed a bug where players could lose the option to pick their favorite Faction in the Operator menu
- Fixed a bug where white lighting could be seen while moving or firing a weapon near specific locations
A free Modern Warfare multiplayer weekend ends at 10am PT / 1pm ET / 6pm UK today,
Infinity Ward recently implemented new measures designed to combat cheating in Modern Warfare and Warzone, including matchmaking suspected cheaters.