Notice: To display this embed please allow the use of Functional Cookies in Cookie Preferences.
Here’s all the big news from E3 2021’s Nintendo Direct
Metroid, Advance Wars, WarioWare and Zelda were shown on Tuesday’s live stream
Nintendo’s E3 2021 Direct didn’t disappoint in terms of surprises, with the platform holder reviving more than one series that hasn’t seen a release in over a decade.
At the top of that list is Metroid Dread, the first mainline 2D entry in 19 years, which its developer says will end a story arc that began in the 80s.
Nintendo also revealed a new Advance Wars title, which will remake the original strategy games from the Game Boy Advance, and a new instalment in the WarioWare franchise.
The Direct concluded with the first look at The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 since its announcement two years ago. The sequel will feature an expanded world, Nintendo said, and is targeting a release in 2022.
Finally, Nintendo will celebrate Zelda’s 35th anniversary this year with a special edition Game & Watch, which includes the original two Zelda titles and Link’s Awakening.
Nintendo E3 2021: All the news
- Nintendo reveals Metroid Dread for release in October
- Zelda Breath of the World 2 returns with new trailer and 2022 release date
- Nintendo confirms Advance Wars 1 & 2 remakes for Switch
- WarioWare: Get It Together offers two-player WarioWare for the first time
- The Legend of Zelda Game & Watch will celebrate Zelda’s 35th Anniversary
- Mario Party Superstars is coming to Nintendo Switch later this year
- Kazuya from Tekken is coming to Smash Bros Ultimate
- Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water is being ported to all formats
- Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania has been officially announced
- Guardian of the Galaxy is coming to Nintendo Switch too