Here are all the big announcements from today’s Nintendo Direct
Including Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, GoldenEye 007 and Pikmin 4
The latest Nintendo Direct digital event took place on Tuesday and included a host of Switch announcements.
The presentation, which can be rewatched in full above, offered over 40 minutes of information focused on Nintendo Switch games.
The biggest reveal of the show was the announcement of the official title and the release date for Nintendo‘s Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild sequel.
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom will be released for Switch on May 12, 2023, Nintendo confirmed with a new trailer.
Nintendo also announced that N64’s GoldenEye 007 is “coming soon” to Switch for Switch Online + Expansion Pack members, now with online play.
Nine more Nintendo 64 games have been confirmed for the Switch Online service.
Elsewhere, Shigeru Miyamoto unveiled Pikmin 4 and Nintendo revealed Fire Emblem Engage, both of which are coming to Switch in 2023.
It also showed off two of the tracks coming to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe in its next DLC wave this holiday.
Third-party announcements included upcoming Switch releases for It Takes Two, Octopath Traveler 2, Tunic, several Resident Evil games, and Everybody’s Golf’s spiritual sequel Easy Come, Easy Golf.
Nintendo Direct headlines
- Zelda: BoTW’s sequel is officially releasing in May 2023 as ‘Tears of the Kingdom’
- GoldenEye HD has been officially confirmed for Switch and Xbox Game Pass
- GoldenEye’s online multiplayer ‘is exclusive to Switch’, 007 site claims
- Shigeru Miyamoto has officially unveiled Pikmin 4
- 9 more N64 games have been confirmed for Nintendo Switch
- Wii game Kirby’s Return to Dream Land is coming to Switch
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe’s Wave 3 DLC includes Peach Gardens and Merry Mountain
- Crisis Core: Final Fantasy 7 Reunion trailer confirms release date
- Nintendo has published 7 minutes of Bayonetta 3 gameplay
- It Takes Two is coming to Switch in November
- Resident Evil 2, 3, 7 and Village are coming to Switch
- Zelda-inspired adventure Tunic is coming to Switch this month
- Octopath Traveler 2 is officially coming to Switch
- Danganronpa creator’s new game, Master Detective Archives: Rain Code, revealed
- Everybody’s Golf’s spiritual sequel has quietly released on Nintendo Switch
- Radiant Silvergun is out on Nintendo Switch today
Two anticipated games that remain unannounced following Tuesday’s Nintendo Direct are Zelda Wind Waker and Twilight Princess ports for Switch.
Metroid Prime’s long-expected Nintendo Switch remaster has also yet to be officially confirmed.