Notice: To display this embed please allow the use of Functional Cookies in Cookie Preferences.
According to developer 343, Halo 3 PC was planned to officially unlock on Tuesday, July 14th, at 10am PT / 6pm BST via Steam, the Microsoft Store and Xbox Game Pass for PC. However, the Steam version appears to have been made available early.
Halo 3 is part of Halo: The Master Chief Collection ($40/£30) but it’s also available standalone like Halo Reach in December 2019 and Halo: Combat Evolved in March 2020 and Halo 2: Anniversary in May 2020, which cost $10/£7 each.
The PC version of Halo 3 features support for 4K / 60+ FPS visuals, ultrawide monitors, FOV customisation and more.
Following Halo 2, the rest of the games included in The Master Chief Collection will continue to get staggered releases for PC in chronological order (Halo 3: ODST and Halo 4).
Microsoft recently confirmed an earlier VGC report that it will hold its Xbox Games Showcase on Thursday, July 23.
See a full list of Halo 3 features below, via the game’s developer.
Halo 3 PC New Features
- (PC) Forge is now available for Halo: Reach, Halo 2: Anniversary, and Halo 3.
- Halo 3 Forge has been updated with new features, including Object Physics, rotation, coordinate snap and precision edit tools.
- Halo 3 and Halo: Reach Forge pallets have been expanded with new objects and budget increases.
- Halo 3, Halo: Reach, and Halo 2: Anniversary Forge tools have been updated with a new “Toggle Rotation Axes” feature adding toggleable rotation around World and Local axes. Note: This is planned to be added into Halo 4 at a later date.
- Updated season unlock flow to feature non-linear unlocks per page and added Season 2 featuring 30 new nameplates, 46 new H1 Weapon and 18 H1 Vehicle skins.
- Challenges are now available to complete across all available titles. Note: Campaign Challenges are currently not supported in Halo 4: Spartan Ops.
- New spartan customization 3D model viewer for Halo 3.
- Updated Skill Rank backend for Ranked Matchmaking. This resolved a long-standing rank reset issue and has required us reset all ranked playlists to 1.
- “Highest Lifetime” rank is now displayed for rotational hoppers that are no longer available.
- Halo: Reach & Halo 3 audio has been updated.
- New Acrophobia skull for Halo 3.
- “Dual Wield Inversion” has been added as a toggle for players who wish to disable the title from switching the “primary fire” weapon to your left-hand while dual wielding in Halo 2 or Halo 3.