In conjunction with head and room tracking, players are now able to use an analogue stick to continuously turn, as opposed to the previous ‘Quick turn’ ability which has now been renamed to ‘Snap turn’ to better describe its functionality.
The update also adds the ability to disable controller turning entirely, as well as number of improvements and fixes including:
- Improved hand-over-mouth pose usability for Windows MR controllers.
- Improved the resolution of impact decals on enemies.
- Improved automatic detection of default Quality settings for some machine configurations.
- Fixed an issue where some sounds didn’t play as intended.
- Fixed an issue where the main menu could become less responsive if you had many save games.
- Fixed several crashes.
Alyx, the first Half-Life game for nearly 13 years, released this week exclusively for PC-based VR hardware.
VGC’s Half-Life: Alyx review calls the shooter “a stunning return for Half-Life and an essential VR purchase – if you have the required equipment and space.”