The price offered by the retailer depends on the console that’s traded in. For example, if customers exchange a Nintendo Switch they’ll get the Series S and FIFA 22 for £84.99, whereas an Xbox One X carries a trade-in price of £119.99.
Game supplied VGC with the following trade-in table:
- PS4 500Gb Original Console – £159.99
- PS4 1Tb Original Console – £154.99
- PS4 500Gb Slim Console – £149.99
- PS4 1Tb Slim Console – £144.99
- PS4 Pro 1Tb Console – £104.99
- Xbox One 500Gb Original Console – £169.99
- Xbox One 1Tb Original Console – £164.99
- Xbox One S 500Gb Console – £149.99
- Xbox One S 1Tb Console – £144.99
- Xbox One S 1Tb Console – £149.99
- Xbox One X 1Tb Console – £119.99
- Nintendo Switch Console – £84.99
- Nintendo Switch Lite Console – £134.99
The promotion will start from Friday, October 1 and last until Sunday, October 10 and is only available in retail stores. A Game Reward account is required for the deal, which customers can sign up to for free.
Xbox Series X/S at retail
- Buy Xbox Series X at Amazon (US)
- Buy Xbox Series S at Amazon (US)
- Buy Xbox Series X at Walmart (US)
- Buy Xbox Series S at Walmart (US)
- Buy Xbox Series X/S at Best Buy (US)
Game says the traded in console must be in good working order, be of satisfactory quality and pass all security checks. It must also come with an official controller, HDMI cable, power cable and controller charging cable (if one is needed).
The copy of FIFA 22 bundled with the Xbox Series S console is the digital download version.
At $300 / £250, the Xbox Series S console is significantly cheaper than the $500 / £449 Series X, thanks to lower specs that target 1440p gaming instead of native 4K.
Series S is the smallest Xbox console to date, and is a digital-only system with no disc tray. It’s designed to provide entry to next-gen gaming at a lower price than the Xbox Series X or the PlayStation 5.
It has a 512GB custom SSD and uses the same Xbox Velocity Architecture the Series X uses for fast game loading.