Forza Horizon 5‘s latest update adds co-op support for its story missions and a selection of new cars.
The new Series 9 update is available to download now, and features numerous big fixes and additions.
It also adds news cars to the Wheelspin, Car Pass and Festival Playlist features, including a number of Hot Wheels themed cars ahead of the official Hot Wheels expansion coming in July.
The PC version also gets a new temporal anti-aliasing option, which reduces shimmering.
According to developer Playground Games, the new co-op support for Horizon Stories missions will support up to six players. The highest score earned in the group is applied to all players, so even those who fail the objective will complete the mission if another player manages it.
The full list of new cars is as follows:
Festival Playlist unlocks
- 2018 Hot Wheels 2JetZ (June 23-29)
- 1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula-S (June 30 – July 6)
- 1970 Dodge Coronet Super Bee (July 7-13)
- 1957 Hot Wheels Nash Metropolitan Custom (July 14-20)
- 2012 Hot Wheels Rip Rod
- 1949 Hot Wheels Ford F-5 Dually Custom Hot Rod
- 2005 Hot Wheels Ford Mustang
- 2021 Aston Martin DBX (June 23)
- 2020 Lexus RC F Track Edition (June 30)
- 2019 Nissan 370z Nismo (July 7)
The full patch updates for the update are as follows:
Forza Horizon 5 Season 9 update patch notes
- Added new localization languages
- Added Subtitles for Danish, Greek, Dutch, Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish, European Portuguese
- Added Voice Over for European Spanish, Italian, Korean
- Added new Forza EV Rivals event
- Added Horizon Story Co-op
- Added TAA option when playing on PC
- Various stability and performance improvements
- Fixed issue where hood and bumper cam was too dark during dusk and night time of days
- In Series 9, the Accolade “It Just Works” now unlocks as intended once players have completed the Car Mastery skill tree on the 1963 Volkswagen Beetle. Players who already fulfilled this requirement prior to this update will need to select and drive the car to successfully unlock the Accolade.
- All players will now see their Creative Hub rank increase as intended.
- Fixed exploit when using Photo Mode
- Fixed exploit with gifted cars
- Festival Playlist
- Fixed issue where players could lose Daily Challenge progress
- Fixed rare issue where players matchmaking for Co-op Seasonal Championship can result in a player entering the wrong event
- Fixed issue which could end up in wrong car class in an online race
- Fixed issue which could cause Horizon Arcade events to not spawn
- Fixed issue where players in a convoy could end up not seeing all other members of the convoy
- Added a duplicate car filter to Car Select screen filters
- Added Freeroam convertible functionality to Ferrari California T and McLaren 650 S Spider
- Updated Volvo’s logo
- Fixed idle RPM on the 93 Nissan 240SX SE
- Removed Forza Aero Splitter from the Maserati MC12
- Fixed 97 Lamborghini Diablo engine audio when at high RPM
- Fixed issue with Audi RS4 Avant and 2011 RS5 interior cockpit dash
- Fixed misaligned backfires on the Mercedes C63 AMG when using the Liberty Walk body kit
- Added Car Horns from Series 6 and 7 to EventLab
- Added Orbit Cam option
- Added stepped rotation
- Added new camera speed options
- Fixed an issue where players entering EventLab events with a full convoy could get disconnected
- Fixed an issue where the stadium floor wouldn’t load when starting an event nearby
- Fixed an issue where props could remain in Freeroam
- Fixed Rule Importing only showing events with Custom Routes
- Fixed an issue with one of the flood lights which would appear invisible when placed