Epic looks set to introduce an annual pass for Fortnite Battle Royale.
Details of the new battle pass option were reportedly uncovered in Fortnite’s v11.30 update, which launched on Thursday and introduced local split-screen support on consoles, among other features (see patch notes below).
“Purchase the 2020 Annual Pass and receive all upcoming 2020 Fortnite Battle Royale: Battle Bundles and 7 Annual Pass exclusive cosmetics,” files for the annual pass read (via Fortnite News). “Battle Bundles unlock 25% of content in each Battle Pass instantly upon release.”
Epic has yet to officially announce an annual battle pass and the files didn’t contain any pricing or release date information.
Update: Epic has told VGC it considered launching a new annual pass but now has no plans to release it.
“We’ve seen discussions around a 2020 Annual Pass as a result of data mining the v11.30 build,” a spokesperson said. “Occasionally prototype features make it into our build that end up not being released. While the 2020 Annual Pass was considered, we have no plans to release it…unlike the Bao Bros.”
Original story continues: The company recently confirmed it was extending Fortnite Season 2 Chapter 1 until February 2020.
Epic said it chose to lengthen the current season “to prepare for all the new holiday-themed updates” it has lined up.
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker director J.J. Abrams is set to reveal new footage from the upcoming film via a Fortnite in-game event this Saturday, December 14.
Fortnite v11.30 update
- Introducing Split Screen.
- Preview what’s in the Item Shop using your mobile device.
- With Party Hub, you can now preview what’s new in the Item Shop before loading into the game.
- To do this, open Party Hub, swipe right, and tap “Preview Items.”
- Increased the daily Item Shop gifting limit from 3 to 5.
- Changed Ammo Indicator.
- Now a visual representation of remaining ammo number rather than a solid bar.
- You can now choose when to transition from the “Eliminated By” screen to the end-of-match XP screen.
- To transition to the end-of-match XP screen, press “Continue” on the “Eliminated By” screen.
- Made preparations for the Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker live event at Risky Reels on December 14, 2 PM ET.
- Resolved an issue involving the Safe Zone setting on Xbox One returning to 1.00 upon each login.
- Resolved an issue involving some trees and metal fences in Arena not granting the correct material increase.
- The Magma Wrap now appears correctly on the Bandage Bazooka and Pistol.
- Resolved an issue involving the Bandolette Outfit appearing to have two hairstyles merged together.
- Resolved an issue involving some items from the Twin Turntables set appearing grainy and pixelated.
- The Social menu Friends List on mobile devices no longer auto-scrolls to the top when players try to scroll down.
- Resolved an issue involving players’ Quick Bar being inadvertently defaulted off on mobile devices.