The studio says it chose to lengthen the current season “to prepare for all the new holiday-themed updates” it has lined up.
“Last year we celebrated 14 Days of Fortnite over the holidays. This year we’ve got even more content for you to unwrap, including new game features, free rewards and a live experience that you won’t want to miss,” Epic said.
The studio has also rolled out a new Fortnite update (see patch notes below) introducing daily challenges, re-enabling the Bandage Bazooka, and adding DirectX 12 support for PC, among other features.
Fortnite Battle Royale ended season X in mid-October with a live event which saw the game’s original map sucked into a black hole.
Monthly Fortnite revenue slumped to a near two-year low in September 2019, ahead of the launch of Fortnite Chapter 2, according to research from Nielsen’s SuperData.
Fortnite Battle Royale v11.20 update notes
Battle Royale enhancements:
- Daily Challenges are back and can be completed for XP!
- Up to three at a time are available, and once a day you can replace a Challenge for another.
- In the Locker, you can now filter your items by the Season they were introduced in.
- To filter your items by Season, enter the Season name in the search bar. Use terms like “season 5,” “season x,” “chapter 2 season 1,” etc.
- You can now adjust the UI contrast.
- To adjust the UI contrast, use the User Interface Contrast setting in the Graphics section of the Video settings.
- Added a Tutorial playlist for the mobile version of Fortnite.
- Added Microsoft DirectX 12 support to the PC version of Fortnite.
- To use Microsoft DirectX 12, select it in the Advanced Graphics section of the Video settings.
- Adjusted the headshot multiplier of the Tactical Shotgun so it’s now in line with the headshot multiplier of the Pump Shotgun.
- Increased the Effective Health (sum of Health + Shield) given from Slurp Tankers.
- Resolved syncing issues involving the Bandage Bazooka. (Because these have been resolved, the Bandage Bazooka has been re-enabled.)
- Addressed reports of hitching on mobile devices.
- Resolved the equipped item slot being the selection slot when players open the inventory.
- Addressed reports of buildings sometimes appearing low-detailed on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One as players land on the map.
- The hair of the Devastator Outfit now appears the intended color.
- The John Wick Outfit’s Pistol no longer appears larger than intended.
- The Magma Wrap now appears correctly on everything except the Bandage Bazooka and Pistol.
- It will appear correctly on these weapons in a future release.