The six-game collection will release in Spring 2023, with each title available individually on digital stores or as part of a bundle.
A limited physical edition ($75 / $65) is also available via the Square Enix store, alongside a $260 / £245 Collector’s Edition (pictured above) which includes the following items:
- FINAL FANTASY I-VI COLLECTION – physical collection of all games for either PS4 or Nintendo Switch-
- Anniversary Edition GOODS BOX.
- A bonus lenticular sleeve for the game package.
- 2-disc vinyl record set featuring newly arranged game music with exclusive cover artwork by Kazuko Shibuya
- A specially compiled artbook showcasing beautiful character pixel art.
- Eight stylized pixel art character figures in window packaging.
FINAL FANTASY PIXEL REMASTER | Promotional Trailer
Final Fantasy’s Pixel Remasters were first released for PC and mobile last year.
At the time of the Pixel Remasters’ original release, Final Fantasy brand manager Yoshinori Kitase commented: “Every time a new Final Fantasy title is released, I think there are those who want to return to the origin of the series.
“This project began because we wanted to create a convenient way for fans and new players to enjoy these original classics, with consistent graphics and a unified user interface.”
Final Fantasy’s original creator, Hironobu Sakaguchi, also provided a statement: “When working on the originals, I didn’t think that the Final Fantasy series would be remastered almost 35 years later,” he said.
“The video game industry had only just been established. So, with nobody else leading the way, we had to keep moving forward at the front line. I remember how we went through a lot of trial and error at that time. I’m very happy and grateful that Final Fantasy has continued for such a long period of time.”