Notice: To display this embed please allow the use of Functional Cookies in Cookie Preferences.
Final Fantasy 7 Remake Part 2 is planned for reveal sometime this year, the game’s producer said on a live stream on Monday.
Speaking during an anniversary event held to celebrate Final Fantasy 7’s 25th anniversary in Japan today, FF7’s original director Yoshinori Kitase said it was his intention to reveal the first details on its Remake sequel during the anniversary year.
“We are hard at work on Final Fantasy VII: Ever Crisis, so please look forward to that. In addition, with regards to the long awaited Final Fantasy VII Remake [Part 2]… there will be more information… this year if we can,” he said, in a translation for VGC provided by PushDustIn.
Asked if he was sure the sequel would be revealed this year, Kitase replied: “Well yeah. We just started the 25th anniversary of Final Fantasy VII, so we want to celebrate and get fans excited, so within the next 12 months we want to share some information. Look forward to more information!”
Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade PC trailer
Few details have been revealed on FF7 Remake Part 2 so far, other than confirmation last year that Naoki Hamaguchi, the co-director of FF7 Remake Part 1, will take over full directing duties for the follow up as Tetsuya Nomura takes on a broader creative director position.
Nomura has also said that, compared to last year’s Intergrade re-release, that Part 2 will make more use of PlayStation 5’s unique hardware features.
Square Enix acknowledged Final Fantasy 7’s Japanese 25th anniversary on Monday with the publication of a new anniversary logo, as well a message to fans confirming that more projects based on FF7 are in the works.
In addition to Remake, Square Enix has launched The First Solider, a battle royale spin-off for mobile, and a second mobile game called Final Fantasy VII Ever Crisis is in the works.
Ever Crisis is a chapter-structured single-player game covering the whole of the FFVII timeline – including the events of the original game and the FFVII compilation titles.
“With the 25th anniversary of FFVll this year, the game has now existed for a quarter-century,” Remake creative director and original character designer Tetsuya Nomura wrote in a message to fans. “I am truly grateful to all the fans who have loved FFVIl over these 25 years, and thanks to your support, Cloud has never felt far away over that time.”
“Continuing on from the release of FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE, FINAL FANTASY VII THE FIRST SOLDIER has also now opened for service and next we have FINAL FANTASY VII EVER CRISIS waiting in the wings too.
“With all of these exciting new projects, I get a real sense of how more and more people are supporting FFVIl. Not just the fans from the original game, but also those who never experienced it are being drawn to the unique world of FFVIl.
“And there will be even more new FFVIl projects that started up after the remake coming in future too. The team see this 25th anniversary as a waypoint on our journey with FFVIl, and will continue pressing ahead to even greater things, so please keep supporting us going forward!”