The latest update for Final Fantasy 14 adds a number of new features, including a farming simulation and the ability to play more of the game solo.
The version 6.2 patch, which is named Buried Memory, introduces a new area called Island Sanctuary.
Here players can build their own farm by gathering materials, building facilities and raising creatures.
“Find sanctuary in an island paradise abundant with wildlife, where crops may be sown and minions let to roam,” Square Enix‘s official description reads.
Final Fantasy XIV patch 6.2 trailer
The new update also expands the Duty Support system, which lets players take on the main 4-player scenario dungeons with NPC characters.
The Duty Support system essentially enables players to make their way through the game solo, without having to team up with other actual players, but the feature is being applied to various parts of the game with each new update.
The previous version 6.1 patch released in April only covered the multiplayer-only missions in the original A Realm Reborn scenario (version 2.0), but version 6.2 now adds Duty Support to the main scenario dungeons from the 2.X series to 3.0.
This means players can now take on Snowcloak, The Keeper of the lake, Sohm Al, The Aery and The Vault with NPC team-mates instead of having to find human party members.
The eventual aim, Square Enix has previously stated, is to make it possible to play through the entire game and all its expansion packs as a single-player adventure, should players wish.
The full list of major additions to Patch 6.2 is as follows:
Final Fantasy 14 Patch 6.2: Buried Memory – New features
- New Main Scenario Quests – The epic story of the Warrior of Light continues as they set forth for a world engulfed in Darkness with this latest chapter.
- New Side Story Quests – Experience the continuation of Tataru’s Grand Endeavor.
- New Dungeon – New challenges await in the Fell Court of Troia.
- New Trial – Band together with seven other players in a new trial with both Normal and Extreme difficulties.
- New 8-Player Raid – Pandæmonium: Abyssos will be available in both Normal and Savage difficulties to challenge the most seasoned players. The Savage difficulty raid is planned for release one week following the launch of Patch 6.2.
- New Unreal Trial – Battle against Sephirot in Containment Bay S1T7 (Unreal).
- PvP Updates – PvP Series 2 and Crystalline Conflict Season 3 are now available with the release of Patch 6.2. Rival Wings Hidden Gorge content will also resume, along with adjustments to PvP actions and updates to the Crystalline Conflict ranked matching system.
- Continued Improvements to the Main Scenario:
- The Duty Support feature will be expanded to include main scenario dungeons from the 2.x series to 3.0 (Snowcloak, The Keeper of the Lake, Sohm Al, The Aery, and The Vault).
- The Steps of Faith trial has been reworked into a solo quest battle.
- The Thornmarch trial has been revamped.
- Miscellaneous Updates – Additional content including updates to adventurer plates and portraits, glamour dresser capacity expansion from 400 to 800 slots and more.