“Volta Football takes the game back to the streets with the authentic culture, creativity and style of the small-sided game played on streets, courts and futsal pitches around the globe,” the publisher says.
EA has also confirmed a FIFA 20 release date of September 27, 2019 on PS4, Xbox One and PC, although those who pre-order selected editions of the game will get early access, plus various in-game rewards (see images below).
FIFA 20 Legacy Edition will also be released on Nintendo Switch on September 27, although it won’t include Volta.
Here’s a rundown of key FIFA 20 Volta features, straight from EA’s website:
- Build your player: Customise and personalise your female or male in-game avatar with a range of clothing, hairstyles, tattoos, and in-game celebratory emotes.
- Pick your gear: From shirts to shoes, sweaters to shorts, equip your avatar with the latest vanity items and unlock more as you progress through in-game challenges.
- Global football playgrounds: From an underpass in Amsterdam, to a neighbourhood cage in London, or a Tokyo rooftop, experience a new side of The World’s Game with VOLTA Football.
- Play it your way: Play 3v3 Rush (No GK’s), 4v4, 4v4 Rush, 5v5, and Professional Futsal. In addition, VOLTA offers different sizes of arenas and environments with and without walls, giving you the freedom to play the beautiful game your way.
- Modes of Play: Build up your squad in VOLTA World, lead your player through the VOLTA Story Mode, play through Promotion and Relegation in the online VOLTA League, or take your favourite professional teams to the streets in VOLTA Kick-Off.