The headline features are the addition of two new rounds and cross-play support (see the patch notes below).
The new rounds are The Slimescraper, which is billed as a sequel to Slimb Climb, and Button Bashers, in which players are split into 1v1 duelling pairs.
Mediatonic recently delayed the release of Fall Guys for Switch and Xbox, a move designed to give the studio time to implement new features like cross-play.
“With so many new opportunities now in our hands, we’ve realised that our previously announced Summer 2021 Switch and Xbox release schedule is unfortunately just too soon for us to include all of the tasty new features we’re working on,” it said.
“While we want to launch on these platforms as quickly as possible, we believe the Switch and Xbox releases are really going to be worth waiting for and we’re super grateful for your patience.”
The studio added: “This delay gives our team some time to add features like crossplay, so when we add new platforms, players will be able to stumble in harmony with their pals, regardless of their platform of choice.”
Season 4.5 patch notes
- The Slimescraper (A sequel to Slimb Climb) Eyes
- Button Bashers (Players are split into 1v1 duelling pairs. Best beans go through) Eyes
- 55 Additional Variations across 12 rounds!
- Custom Lobbies are now open to EVERYONE with as few as 4 beans! PC and PS4 players can play together!
- PC and PS4 players can now matchmake together in all game modes! Cross-platform parties are not possible (yet!)
- Improved latency when grabbing objects or mantling
- In-game visual indicator of your connection quality!
- New player reporting feature if you spot potential cheaters! (Don’t worry – We’ll never ban anyone for grabbing or using in-game mechanics in a normal fashion)
Fixes and improvements
- Numerous improvements to de-sync, physics, and related issues (We’ll keep improving these)
- Snow will now display on Season 3 rounds for PC Players! (Ready for Christmas 2022 lol)
- Fixed Fall Guys having too much power while carrying things
- Fixed incorrectly eliminating the winning squad in Royal Fumble
- Fixed eliminated squads incorrectly qualifying for the next round
- After tying a round, squads will not be randomly eliminated, but instead will all qualify into the next round
- Fixed the ‘Top X Qualify’ number mismatching the Qualified Squads in the qualification screen
- Fixed solo victory animation displaying when winning a Squads Show for some players
- Fixed the Featured Store only showing Coming Soon for players who witness the store refresh
- Improvement to mantling while experiencing high ping
- Players can no longer yeet themselves out of the round to skip ahead
- Fixed batteries flying out of hands when players bump into each other
- Fixed Fall Guy being unable to climb a ramp whilst carrying a battery
- We fixed some localisation issues across emotes, colours, costumes and within the UI
- Various visual fixes to costumes
- Fixed SFX on some winning animations