“The payment from Epic was 100% for Control and was for the exclusivity deal,” according to Niko Partners analyst Daniel Ahmad.
“Unclear if there were any other strings attached to the payment, other than exclusivity.”
55% of the money Epic paid for Control exclusivity went to the game’s publisher, while the remaining 45% went to developer Remedy Entertainment.
Epic Games store exclusivity payments are reportedly a minimum guarantee on sales and are considered an advance on the 88% of sales revenue Epic gives companies who sell their games through its digital storefront.
An Epic Games store representative told GameDaily.biz: “We don’t comment on the terms of our deals.”
While Epic offers developers an 88% share of the revenue their PC titles generate, Steam offers developers a 70% share. Its more attractive terms have helped Epic secure some major PC exclusives including Control, Metro: Exodus, Borderlands 3 and Shenmue III.