Speaking during EA’s latest earnings call on Thursday, CEO Andrew Wilson reiterated Battlefield 6’s planned holiday 2021 release date and suggested that it could feature larger combat zones than in previous games, as has been previously reported.
“DICE is creating our next Battlefield game with never before seen scale,” he said. “The technical advancements of the new consoles are allowing the teams to deliver a true next-gen vision for the franchise.”
He added: “We have hands-on play tests underway and the team has been getting very positive feedback on the game as we’ve begun to engage our community. The next Battlefield is set to launch in holiday 2021 and we’re excited to share a lot more about the game in the spring.”
It was recently claimed that Battlefield 6’s multiplayer maps were reportedly being designed to support increased player counts.
That’s according to Tom Henderson, a reputable Call of Duty leaker who previously said DICE’s upcoming shooter would centre on modern day military combat – a claim later backed up by VentureBeat journalist Jeff Grubb.
Henderson, who is the CEO of production company and social media agency Viral Junkie, claimed the new Battlefield game’s “maps have been designed with 128+ players in mind”.
“It doesn’t necessarily mean 64vs64 is coming,” he later added. “The core game is still 32vs32.”
“For every console generation, DICE sets the bar for excellence in audio and visual presentation,” said EA chief studios officer Laura Miele. “We are creating epic battles at a scale and fidelity unlike anything you’ve experienced before.”