The first update will add Scar as a villager, and will continue the game’s main story.
It will also include a new Star Path, meaning players will be able to unlock new time-limited items.
And now Gameloft has confirmed exactly when the update is expected to roll out.
Disney Dreamlight Valley: Update 1 release time
According to Gameloft, the first update for Disney Dreamlight Valley will arrive on Wednesday, October 19.
The update will start rolling out at 9am EST / 2pm BST, though Gameloft states that some platforms may take longer to deploy it.
It also recommends you follow these steps while applying the update, to make sure there are as few issues as possible:
- Save your game before updating. If you are using cross-save, connect to the internet and save to the Cloud as well.
- Close your game completely. If you play with Quick Resume on Xbox Series X/S, close the game entirely to avoid issues.
- Once you connect online to update the game, if you’re using cross-save don’t play on another device offline.
- Once the game has updated, load the game and save immediately before progressing.
- Once updated, the new Star Path is available from day one.
Disney Dreamlight Valley: How to find Scar’s story arc
Although Scar’s new story arc and Star Path are added in the new update, they’re only available to players who have progressed to a certain stage in the game.
As such, if you’re playing the game for the first time because you’re a big Lion King fan and you want to see Scar, you have to play through some of the game first to reach that point.
Specifically, players need to have unlocked the Sunlit Plateau area in the village.
You will also need to have beaten the quest called The Curse, which involves fixing the pillars of Friendship, Courage, Trust and Power. This is presumably because The Curse quest ends with a major story revelation which will likely be referred to in Scar’s story arc.