Notice: To display this embed please allow the use of Functional Cookies in Cookie Preferences.
Death Stranding PS4 owners can upgrade to the Director’s Cut for $10
Players will be able to transfer their game saves from PS4 to PS5 too
Sony has confirmed that players who already own Death Stranding can upgrade to the Director’s Cut for a $10 fee.
The Death Stranding Director’s Cut will retail for $49.99 / €49.99, but players with the standard PS4 version can instead pay $10 / €10 to upgrade.
The news was revealed as part of a larger PlayStation Blog post about the Director’s Cut, which also confirmed that players will be able to transfer their PS4 saves to the PS5 Director’s Cut (though the process involved in doing this hasn’t been confirmed).
“PlayStation 4 console save data will be transferable,” explained Kojima Productions‘ head of publishing Jay Boor.
“We wanted to ensure that players, no matter where they are in their journey, could pick back up relatively in the same area as they left off when playing the PS4 version, while also enabling players who have already completed the game the ability to jump to the areas where new content and equipment can be discovered.”
Boor also stated that more information on the new missions and extended storyline will be shared in the coming weeks, but confirmed that the special Half-Life and Cyberpunk 2077 themed content that was included in the PC version of Death Stranding will appear in the Director’s Cut on PS5.
The full list of PS5 upgrades for the game was also listed as follows:
- Experience environment effects with the DualSense wireless controller’s haptic feedback
- Get closer to the world of Death Stranding with bespoke adaptive trigger resistance
- Hear sound effects come to life in 3D Audio (requires compatible headphones)
- Get into the action quickly with the PS5 console’s ultra-fast SSD and near-instant load times
- Choose from two picture modes – Performance Mode with upscaled 4K and up to 60FPS or Fidelity Mode in native 4K – both with ultra-wide and HDR support
Sony and Kojima Productions released a new trailer for Death Stranding Director’s Cut last night, which revealed a September 24 release date.