Today’s announcement coincides with the release of the game’s free Rise of the Giant DLC on Switch and PS4. It’s already available on PC and will arrive on Xbox One soon. It includes:
- 10 new enemy types, many of which can be found in the higher difficulty modes of the game
- Three new skills have been included in the game which consist of a flying pet and a single use scroll that will reveal the current level map (ooOOOooOOoooOooo)
- 10 new weapons including the Giant Killer, the Boi Axe and the Thunder Shield
- The old Hunter Grenade door in the Prisoners’ Quarters has been replaced by a new Specialist shop where you can buy
- the Hunter’s Grenade, skins or a lovely new Map
- For the most advanced players, Rise of the Giant holds a new hidden level. An entirely new ending to your story will be
- revealed to those who can beat the crap out of the new boss waiting for you at the end….
The full Rise of the Giants patch notes can be found here.