According to the developer, the update “addresses the most frequently reported issues since the last patch and introduces further improvements to stability and performance of the game.”
The previous update, hotfix 1.21, released earlier this month with 28 fixes to common issues during quests and open world exploration.
According to the patch notes, 1.22 also makes stability and performance improvements, as well as memory improvements specifically for when playing on the PlayStation 5 console.
Following three delays, the highly anticipated Cyberpunk 2077 released in December 2020 with a host of technical problems, most notably on last-gen consoles, resulting in the title being pulled from the PlayStation Store about a week after its release.
Since then the game has received a number of updates that have attempted to fix some of the game’s issues. A large 1.2 update released in late March made more than 500 changes to the game, including bug fixes, graphical upgrades and stability improvements.
Cyberpunk 2077 hotfix 1.22
Quests & Open World
- The Metro: Memorial Park dataterm should now properly count towards the Frequent Flyer achievement.
- Fixed glitches in Johnny’s appearance occurring after buying the Nomad car from Lana.
- Fixed an issue in Gig: Until Death Do Us Part where it was not possible to use the elevator.
- Fixed an issue in Epistrophy where the player could get trapped in the garage if they didn’t follow the drone and ran into the control room instead.
- Added a retrofix for the issue we fixed in 1.21, where Takemura could get stuck in Japantown Docks in Down on the Street – for players who already experienced it before update 1.21 and continued playing until 1.22, Takemura will now teleport to Wakako’s parlor.
- Fixed an issue preventing the player from opening the phone in the apartment at the beginning of New Dawn Fades.
- Fixed an issue where the player could become unable to use weapons and consumables after interacting with a maintenance panel in Riders on the Storm.
- Fixed various issues related to clipping in NPCs’ clothes.
- Fixed an issue where subtitles were not properly aligned in the Arabic language version.
Stability and performance
- Various memory management improvements (reducing the number of crashes), and other optimizations.
- Improved GPU performance of skinning and cloth rendering.
- GPU and ESRAM optimizations and improvements on Xbox One.
- Memory management improvements on PlayStation 5.
- It’s no longer possible to get soft locked in the key bindings menu if a keyboard is not available