The studio said this week that it was investigating an issue where PS5 save files may get corrupted after playing the new Phantom Liberty expansion using the base game save.
Update 2.01, which is “coming soon”, is said to address the issue by increasing the maximum save file size limit, although it won’t fix already corrupted saves.
CD Projekt released Cyberpunk 2077’s much-anticipated Version 2.0 update last week, which overhauled many of its core systems. And the game’s only planned expansion, Phantom Liberty, followed this week.
While it plans to address outstanding Cyberpunk 2077 issues with relatively minor patches like 2.01, game director Gabe Amatangelo has said the studio isn’t planning any more major updates as it’s switching its attention to other projects, including the game’s sequel.
Patch 2.01 highlights
- The distorted effect caused by selecting a specific dialogue option when talking to Johnny at the end of Automatic Love will no longer persist on the screen.
- V will no longer die in The Heist by falling through the elevator when riding to the 42nd floor with low FPS.
- Fixed an issue where the UI could show controller inputs when playing with keyboard and mouse.
- Made it possible to properly switch to arms cyberware by cycling through weapons.
- Gig: Breaking News will be properly triggered after approaching the quest area.
- Vehicle radio volume will be adjusted so it’s not too quiet when compared to other sounds in the game.
- Addressed the issue of corrupted saves on PlayStation by increasing the maximum save file size limit. Note: this won’t fix the saves corrupted before the update. If you’re experiencing the issue, keep a working save (e.g. resave it as manual save) till 2.01 arrives.
- Performance improvements for both PC and consoles, especially in the Dogtown area.
The next Cyberpunk game, Project Orion, will now enter development at a new US-based studio called CD Projekt Red North America.
And “a big part” of Phantom Liberty’s 300-strong team will join the 260 developers working on the next mainline Witcher game.