Notice: To display this embed please allow the use of Functional Cookies in Cookie Preferences.
The online title, which is billed as a celebration of Resident Evil’s 25th anniversary, will instead launch in the summer of 2021.
It had been assumed by some players that the games would launch simultaneously, but a Capcom spokesperson told VGC on Tuesday that a Resident Evil Re:Verse launch window had not actually previously been communicated.
Re:Verse sees players controlling Resident Evil characters, each with unique weapons and skills, in 4-6-player five-minute deathmatches. Players must collect virus samples littered around the map which increase their damage and accuracy.
Once killed, players are transformed into monsters and can continue to attack other players. The type of monster players turn into is also determined by how many virus samples they collect before being defeated. Get enough and they can become a Tyrant.
Capcom held three Re:Verse beta tests in April, although the first one suffered from technical problems.
IGN has also published a video preview of Resident Evil Village’s The Mercenaries mode.
The Mercenaries, which has previously featured in multiple Resident Evil games but not in a mainline title since 2012’s Resident Evil 6, is unlocked after beating Village’s campaign.
It tasks players with eliminating as many of each stage’s enemies as possible in order to reach a goal within a time limit.
Capcom recently confirmed details of a time-restricted Resident Evil Village gameplay demo which will be available on all platforms.
Scheduled for release in early May, Resident Evil Village’s multiplatform demo was originally only going to be available during a 24-hour window, but on Tuesday Capcom said it had extended the access period by a week following fan feedback.