Notice: To display this embed please allow the use of Functional Cookies in Cookie Preferences.
Introduced with Modern Warfare and Warzone Season 6, the SP-R 208 marksman rifle is a free Battle Pass unlock at tier 15.
Prior to its release, Activision said the bolt-action rifle “is notoriously reliable at any range, able to compete with sniper rifles while still being a marksman rifle at its core”.
Offering a one-shot kill to the upper chest, neck, or head in multiplayer, it’s proven a popular choice among players since its release given that it’s widely perceived to have been overpowered.
Today’s patch notes, which are republished in full below, also include a fix for an issue where players could survive in the gas while on the subway fast travel system.
Modern Warfare and Warzone patch notes
- Fixed an issue where players could survive in the gas while staying on the subway fast travel system
- AS VAL:
- Fixed a bug where the SSP 10-R mags could allow bullet penetration through multiple walls
- SP-R 208:
- Increase to flinch
- Minor reduction to ADS speed
- Variable zoom scope
- Moved weapon closer to the player while ADSing
- Small reduction to ADS speed
- .300 Norma mag and .338 Lapua Mag ammo types:
- Reduction to bullet velocity
- Reduction to ADS speed
- SKS: Small reduction to ADS speed for variable zoom scopes
Activision will launch the Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War beta today. It will run from October 8-9 (PS4 pre-order customers), October 10-12 (all PS4 players), October 15-16 (all PS4 players and Xbox One/PC pre-order customers), and October 17-19 (all players).