Notice: To display this embed please allow the use of Functional Cookies in Cookie Preferences.
The latest Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone patch again targets the balance of the popular SP-R 208 rifle.
Introduced with Modern Warfare and Warzone Season 6, the SP-R 208 marksman rifle is a free Battle Pass unlock at tier 15.
The weapon has proved incredibly popular with the game’s community – undoubtedly due to its ability to defeat opponents in one shot – which led to developer Infinity Ward significantly reducing the SP-R 208’s power last week.
Warzone and MW’s latest update targets the SP-R 208 rifle yet again, by reducing its minimum damage at range in Warzone.
Prior to its release, Activision said the bolt-action rifle “is notoriously reliable at any range, able to compete with sniper rifles while still being a marksman rifle at its core”. It quickly became a popular choice among players and was widely perceived to have been overpowered.
The October 13 patch also adds the ability for PC players to uninstall specific game modes in order to free up storage space. Players can remove parts of the game via the options menu on Battle.net, Infinity Ward said.
Modern Warfare has regularly received large updates since its release in October 2019, leading to criticism from some players frustrated with the amount of space it occupies on their hard drive.
Today’s patch notes, which are republished in full below, also include various fixes and stability improvements for Warzone.
Call of Duty Warzone and Modern Warfare patch notes (Oct 13)
- Ground War
- Deathmatch Domination + Drop Zone
- Gun Game TDM
- HQ Firefight – teams can add to their score by capturing the headquarters and also by getting kills
- Removing Blood Money Quads
- Adding Plunder Quads
- Fix for an issue where the “next unlocks” section was showing attachments out of order
- Fixed an issue where teammates could spawn inside a closed off room on Broadcast
- Fix for a bug where viewing the “Nevermore” execution in the menu could sometimes cause the animal model to get stuck
- Fixed a bug where grenades could fall through the floor in the Foreman’s Office while on Mialstor Tank Factory
- Fixed a lighting issue with the “Gilded Arm” variant from the Season Six Battle Pass
- Fix for an issue where players could experience a crash after reaching wave 45 or higher in Survival mode
- Improved stability for PC
- Increased minimum damage at range on the Kar98 in Warzone
- Reduced minimum damage at range on the SP-R 208 in Warzone
- Fixes to help improve volume levels with War Tracks slider
- Fixes to help prevent players from dying while completing the Subway puzzle
- Fix for a bug where players might not be able to access Bunker 11
- Fixed a gas mask bug when players attempt to complete the Station puzzle
- Fix for a bug where using a self-revive near the doors on the subway train, they will clip out of the train but still be transferred to the next station
- Fix for a collision bug near the entrance of the underground road on the West side of the airport
- If a player dies post doors closing of the subway car, they will be pulled out of gulag by the fast travel system and then pulled back into gulag for a match once it is their turn. This has been fixed
- Fix for an issue where the player’s view could be forcibly moved when exiting a vehicle or parachuting
- Fixed a bug where players could experience a crash after engaging with a Bounty contract