The latest Call of Duty Warzone update introduces a Solos option for the game’s Battle Royale mode.
The free-to-play title launched on March 10 with two 150-player game modes, Battle Royale and Plunder, although developer Infinity Ward has said Warzone will support 200-player matches in the future, and that it’s working on new game modes.
Warzone has been playable solo or as a duo or a trio since launch, but prior to Tuesday’s update, if you chose to play on your own by not filling your squad you’d be at a disadvantage as you’d still be matched against three-person teams, whereas now Solos is a regular option that levels the playing field.
It would be unsurprising to see Infinity Ward release a Duos mode at some point too, while co-studio head Patrick Kelly has said the studio’s currently playtesting four and five-player squads.
Tuesday’s Call of Duty: Modern Warfare patch also includes various Warzone bug fixes and a multiplayer playlist update, which are detailed below.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare/Warzone patch notes
- Cranked Kill Confirmed
- Mercenary Moshpit
- Atlas Superstore 24/7 (10v10) “Doorbuster 24/7”
- Gunfight is now St. Patrick’s Day themed!
- Solo Mode! That’s right. Just you.
- Fix for a rare bug where players could have increased movement speed after coming out of the Gulag and back into the game
- Fixed a bug where players may find their weapon in a stowed position and are unable to reload or use their weapon
- In some cases, players could become stuck under Buy Stations when prone. This has been fixed
- The Threat UI could disappear from the screen if players complete a contract while they are being hunted from a Bounty Contract. This has been fixed
- Updated text to “Redeploy Squadmate” to make it a little more obvious on screen when you can buy back a teammate
- Fix for the last objective in the “Boats and Trains” Mission not tracking as intended
- Kills are now credited to the player who downed the enemy player.
- Fix for an exploit where players were able to shoot while downed
- Fixed a bug where players were unable to deposit cash using balloons if their settings were set to “Contextual Tap”
- Fixed a bug where players were able to clip into the walls in the Hospital
Having attracted over 15 million players since its release, Call of Duty Warzone is reportedly the fastest growing non-mobile game of all time.
For more on the game, see our Call of Duty Warzone Tips: 19 things you didn’t know feature.