GameStop saw a surge in software pre-orders last week following a series of announcements and reveals at E3 2019.
The retailer said pre-orders for upcoming games featured at the show were up 63% during E3 week, when publishers revealed new titles, announced release dates and showcased fresh gameplay.
The following 10 games featured at E3 are listed in pre-order ranking from GameStop’s database:
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (10-25-19)
- Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield (11-15-19)
- Final Fantasy VII Remake (3-3-20)
- Cyberpunk 2077 (4-16-20)
- Borderlands 3 (9-13-19)
- The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening (Switch) (9-20-19)
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (11-15-19)
- Gears 5 (9-6-19)
- Super Mario Maker 2 (6-28-19)
- Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled (6-21-19)
Note: Parentheses denotes when titles are expected to be released.
NPD Group analyst Mat Piscatella said last week he expects Call of Duty: Modern Warfare to be the No.1 game in the US this year in terms of dollar sales, ahead of NBA 2K20, Madden NFL 20, Borderlands 3 and Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order.
Developed by franchise creator Infinity Ward using a new game engine, the title’s described as an “epic reimagining of the iconic Modern Warfare series from the ground up”.