Call of Duty Mobile controller support and Zombies launch times confirmed
Activision to release “massive update” on Friday night Pacific Standard Time
Activision has confirmed launch plans for a major Call of Duty: Mobile update introducing controller support and Zombies mode, among other features.
Set for release on Friday at 9pm PST (Nov 23, 00:00am EST / Nov 23, 5am GMT), the highly anticipated update will also feature fresh maps, including fan favourite Summit, while a new Battle Pass will follow on November 25.
Update: Activision has launched Call of Duty Mobile controller support and the game’s Zombies mode.
The game currently supports official PS4 DualShock 4 controllers (excluding first generation ones) and official Xbox One controllers, Activision says.
Controllers only work during matches, so not when in a lobby or the in-game menu, and players using controllers will be matched with others doing likewise. If you are in a party and one member is using a controller, you’ll both be matched with other players using controllers.
How to set up a controller for Call of Duty Mobile:
- Enable pairing on your controller. This is done by holding the Share and PS button at the same time on a PS4 controller, or the Xbox and sync button on an Xbox One controller.
- Enable Bluetooth on your mobile device (usually done through settings).
- Within Bluetooth settings, locate “wireless controller” and connect to that device.
- Open Call of Duty: Mobile and enable “Allow to use controller” in the Controller settings menu.
- Set and modify your controls for each game type.
The first “of many” Call of Duty: Mobile Zombies maps is Shi No Numa, a swamp within a Japanese jungle that originally featured in Call of Duty: World at War.
Along with the classic 1-4 player co-op gameplay, Call of Duty: Mobile Zombies includes a Raid Mode in which players must overcome a set number of waves before taking on a final boss.
More information on the Zombies mode can be found here, while Activision has also published the full season 2 patch notes and details on the game’s new Battle Pass.
Original story continues: Activision shared the following update launch times on Reddit.
- Los Angeles: Nov 22 – 21:00 PST
- New York: Nov 23 – 00:00 EST
- Sao Paulo: Nov 23 – 2:00 BRT
- London: Nov 23- 5:00 GMT
- Stockholm: Nov 23 – 6:00 CET
- Berlin: Nov 23 – 6:00 CET
- Moscow: Nov 23 – 8:00 MSK
- New Delhi: Nov 23 – 10:30 IST
- Sydney: Nov 23 – 16:00 AEDT
- Tokyo: Nov 23 – 14:00 JST
Prior to the title’s official release on October 1, Call of Duty Mobile controller support was included in the game’s settings, but it was later removed via an update. Activision’s VP of mobile, Chris Plummer, later said Call of Duty Mobile controller support could return in separate game lobbies.
Call of Duty Mobile is estimated to have been downloaded 148 million times across iOS and Android devices in the month following its release, marking the second biggest launch month of any mobile game in history.
In comparison, record holder Pokémon Go achieved 163 million downloads in its first 30 days, while third-placed Mario Kart Tour was downloaded 123.9 million times in the month following its September 25 release.
Speaking during Activision’s third quarter earnings call this month, CEO Bobby Kotick said Call of Duty: Mobile has “more than tripled the franchise’s reach”.
The title has topped the installed charts in over 150 countries and regions, and Kotick said “monetisation is off to a strong start with the game entering the top 10 grossing charts in over 100 countries and regions”.