The Borderlands 3 release date is September 13, 2019. On PC, the game will be available exclusively through the Epic Games store until April 2020.
Read on to see what critics think of Gearbox’s new loot shooter and check out the game’s launch trailer at the top of this page.
- GameSpot (8/10) – “Borderlands 3 has a few stumbling blocks when it comes to bosses, but these fights are overshadowed by the game’s rewarding gunplay and over-the-top humor.”
- Destructoid (9/10) – “Borderlands 3 takes most of the good bits of Borderlands 2 and either rolls with them or improves upon them.”
- Forbes (9/10) – “Borderlands 3 was worth the wait and will be a fixture in this genre for years to come. And I think few fans of the last two will be disappointed when they get their hands on it at last.”
- Polygon (N/A) – “The franchise used to feel adventurous. Now, without any fresh ideas or concepts, it’s little more than a holdover from a different time. Borderlands 3 feels safe, oddly careful (especially for a game about anarchy), and, worst of all, corporate.”
- IGN (9/10) – “Borderlands 3 sticks to its guns and outdoes itself with an amazing arsenal of weapons, humor, and missions.”
- ShackNews (9/10) – “Whether you’re an old fan who has played all the previous games, or a brand-new fan just diving into the series, Borderlands 3 is an absolute masterpiece that will bring you hours upon hours of fun.”
- PC Gamer (63/100) – “An endless font of bad jokes and cool guns in the series’ most vapid story yet, Borderlands 3 skates by on watching numbers fly and goons explode.”
- Game Informer (8/10) – “If more of what you loved before is your chief desire, Gearbox has granted that wish through a game of impressive scope that charts some very safe territory.”
- USgamer (4/5) – “Despite the formula growing a bit stale, Gearbox has expanded upon it in the right way, resulting in a great Borderlands experience.”
- VentureBeat (77/100) – “If you enjoy lootin’-and-shootin’, check out Borderlands 3. But go in knowing that you’re going to cringe at some of the jokes and feel fatigue every now and then.”