Notice: To display this embed please allow the use of Functional Cookies in Cookie Preferences.
Next week’s Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War update will feature a significant weapon tuning pass for the game’s multiplayer component.
It will include LMG adjustments, “a complete recoil balance pass” on assault rifles and SMG attachments, plus a buff to launcher damage against players with Flak Jacket in Hardcore.
The following weapons will also be tuned: the LC10, AK-74u, MAC-10, KSP 45, Milano 821, Krig 6, FFAR 1, Groza, Magnum, RPG-7, “and more”.
The update will include the return of Prop Hunt “with new maps and props added to the rotation”, three new maps (Miami Strike, Mansion and Golova), plus the “massive” night-time Sanatorium region in Outbreak.
Official patch notes for the mid-season update will be released early next week.
Black Ops Cold War’s latest update went live on Thursday (see full patch notes below), including new featured playlists and bug fixes.
• Ice Drake Blueprint fixed – the 16.5″ Ultralight and 19.7″ Takedown barrels will temporarily adorn a dragon head
• R1 Shadowhunter crossbow should now be available in the Weapons menu after it has been unlocked in BOCW or via the Store bundle
Xbox and PC players will gain access to the double XP, double weapon XP and double battle pass XP event beginning at 10am PT / 1pm ET / 5pm UK on Friday, after which it will be available for 72 hours on all platforms.
Black Ops Cold War update March 25
- 2XP now available on PlayStation through 10AM PT March 26.
- Triple-Double Weekend begins 10AM PT March 26 on all platforms (Double XP, Double Weapon XP, Double Battle Pass XP). Ends 10AM PT March 29.
- Addressed a visual issue where Naga’s legs could display improperly.
- R1 Shadowhunter (added Mar. 24)
- New one-shot kill crossbow available via in-game challenge and the Store.
- Added to the Special weapon category in Create-a-Class.
- Nuclear Apocalypse [NEW]
- TDM, Domination, Kill Confirmed, and Hardpoint on Nuketown ’84 and Apocalypse.
- Also available in Hardcore via Quick Play.
- Snipers Only Moshpit
- Gun Game
- Nuketown 24/7 (also available in Hardcore)
- Face Off (also available in Hardcore)
- Addressed an issue where multiple players would not receive a prompt to accept the Exfil after a player used the radio to call in the helicopter.