On the multiplayer front, the update includes a fix for an out-of-bounds exploit in the recently released Miami Strike map, and increases the damage of the RC-XD when targeting opponents using Flak Jacket.
The patch includes a range of stability improvements for Zombies and new gameplay updates for Dead Ops Arcade 3 and Onslaught too (see the full update notes below).
There’s a new exploit on the Miami Strike map that allows players to go out of bounds and be able to kill other players. This is not me, I went into theater mode because the enemy team was abusing this exploit. FIX THIS TREYARCH!! from r/blackopscoldwar
Treyarch is also tracking an issue with the R1 Shadowhunter appearing locked for some users after hitting 15/15 on their in-game challenge progress.
The game’s latest update was released ahead of a new Black Ops Cold War double XP weekend, which is scheduled to begin at 10am PT / 1pm ET / 6pm BST on April 8 and run for four days until April 12.
This year’s new Call of Duty game will be led by Sledgehammer Games and set during World War 2, according to reports VGC understands to be accurate.
Call of Duty WW2: Vanguard is expected to return to the Modern Warfare 2019 engine, ‘IW8’, which also powers Warzone, after last year’s Cold War switched to an upgraded version of Treyarch’s Black Ops 4 technology.
Black Ops Cold War update notes
- ZRG 20mm
- ZRG 20mm sniper rifle now available via in-game challenge or Store bundle.
- Addressed an issue with UI icon visuals for the “Oni” Reticle appearing too dark in the preview.
- Miami Strike
- Closed an out-of-bounds exploit area near the Parking Garage.
- Increased RC-XD damage to take down nearby enemies using Flak Jacket.
- Addressed an issue where the “Science” camo category for the RPG-7 wasn’t tracking properly.
- Addressed an issue where the “Classic” camo category for the R1 Shadowhunter wasn’t tracking properly.
- Addressed a stability issue related to Ammo Mods.
- Fixed crashes related to Objectives.
- Addressed a stability issue related to the Krasny Soldat’s leap attack.
- Addressed a stability issue related to the Dragon Relic.
- Addressed a stability issue related to Wall Buys.
- Addressed a stability issue related to the Secure Objective.
- Added numerous stability fixes.
Dead Ops Arcade 3
- Adjusted XP rewards.
- Slightly adjusted some rewards for life donation.
- Adjusted time allotments for Wave 3 in the Room of Judgement.
- Addressed an issue where the Bonus Room War Store not functioning as expected.
- Addressed an issue where the War Store wasn’t granting vehicles or a random one.
- Addressed a co-op issue where a player wouldn’t be warped into the Room of Fate if another player was dropping into the Room of Fate on a buggy or mech at the same time.
- Addressed an issue where various shield type objects (Barrels, Boxing Gloves, Sawblades, Tesla Balls) were not working as expected.
- Addressed an issue where the player’s shield was not affecting the Meatball or Spider enemies as expected.
- Addressed an issue where the Tesla Ball wasn’t working against some enemies.
- Addressed an issue where the player wasn’t properly getting credited for kills while in vehicles for the “Damage Delivery” Challenge.
- Addressed an issue where leaderboards were not updated correctly at the end of match.
- Addressed an issue that caused Optics to be automatically unlocked on the R1 Shadowhunter crossbow.
- Adjusted difficulty scaling for higher Surges.
- Adjusted spawn rate and movement speed of enemies to match other modes.
- Added super sprinter enemies to Onslaught.
- Addressed a UI error that could appear upon selecting Player Details when using keyboard and mouse.