Notice: To display this embed please allow the use of Functional Cookies in Cookie Preferences.
The official Battlefield Twitter account has seemingly confirmed that the next game in the series won’t be revealed until June.
In a pinned tweet published on April 22, the account told fans to “get ready for our reveal soon.”
While many expected the next entry in the shooter series to be revealed this month, that won’t be the case, according to the account’s latest tweet.
GamesBeat reporter Jeff Grubb claimed last week to have heard that the new Battlefield’s reveal had been pushed from early May to later this month or early June.
DICE also published an update on its Battlefield 6 progress in late April, claiming the game has its biggest ever series development team and telling fans to expect a reveal soon.
“I know everyone is wanting more detail about what’s to come for Battlefield this year, and I promise we have A LOT to show you in the coming months,” wrote general manager Oskar Gabrielson.
“Our friends at Criterion and DICE LA are working with us on our shared vision for the game, while the team in Gothenburg is taking technology in the game to the next level. Together, we are creating a jaw-dropping experience for you to enjoy later in 2021.”
Gabrielson also said the new Battlefield game was currently in playtesting, which entails “polishing, balancing, and making the best possible Battlefield game we can.”
He said: “I can tell you it is a bold step. It has everything we love about Battlefield – and takes all of it to the next level. Epic scale. All-out military warfare. Crazy, unexpected moments. Game-changing destruction. Massive battles, packed with more players and mayhem than ever before. All brought to life with the power of next-gen consoles and PCs. Get ready for our reveal ‘soon™’ ;)”
A pair of images reportedly taken from Battlefield 6’s reveal trailer were published earlier this month.