Notice: To display this embed please allow the use of Functional Cookies in Cookie Preferences.
Batman Arkham studio tells fans to ‘stay tuned’ after 7 months of teasers
WB Games Montreal seemingly responds to frustrated community
WB Games Montreal has told fans to “stay tuned” to its social channels, after more than seven months of teasing a Batman game reveal.
The studio, which created 2013’s Batman Arkham Origins, has been teasing a new game in series since September last year when it posted Batman-related imagery on its Twitter page.
This was followed by another round of teasing in January when it posted pieces of an image that when combined, form a sigil. The images were accompanied by the text, “Capture the Knight.”
The September 2019 posts were shared – and later deleted – by Batman comics writer Scott Snyder, who suggested they were related to the Court of Owls storyline.
Arkham’s fanbase has been waiting for a full game reveal ever since. This month the growing frustration resulted in the community attempting to get ‘#RevealTheBatmanGameWB’ trending on Twitter.
Why the hashtag seemingly did not trend, it did appear to earn a response from developer WB Games Montreal, which posted on Wednesday:
“Thank you very much for the enthusiasm for our next project. At this time, our channel will showcase the studio: Who we are and why we love making games! So stay tuned!”
According to a recent Kotaku report, Warner Bros. Games had big announcements scheduled for June’s E3 2020 show before its cancellation.
It claimed Warner had been lining up a trio of high-profile reveals for June’s event, where it was due to host an E3 press conference for the first time. These included a new Batman title, an open-world Harry Potter game, and the next project from Arkham developer Rocksteady Studios.
It’s not clear if Warner will go ahead with its plans for a June announcement, as the cancellation of this year’s E3 show has caused many games publishers to spread their marketing plans more broadly across the 2020 calendar.
Ubisoft recently confirmed it would host an “E3-style” digital games showcase on Sunday, July 12, while Nintendo is said to have delayed its plans for a summer Nintendo Direct.