Notice: To display this embed please allow the use of Functional Cookies in Cookie Preferences.
The latest hotfix patch for Baldur’s Gate 3 has pleased fans of a certain character in the game.
His Majesty is an NPC cat who can be found in the game’s Last Light Inn.
When the game was released, His Majesty was a Sphynx cat, a breed known for its complete lack of fur.
However, it soon emerged that this was a bug, and that His Majesty accidentally had the same character model as another Sphynx cat in the game called Steelclaw.
Developer Larian fixed the error in its third patch for the game, with the patch notes reading: “Updated the visuals of His Majesty, who previously looked like Steelclaw. His Majesty’s appearance now befits his name and nature.”
The patch gave His Majesty fur as was originally intended, but the change angered some players, who had become accustomed to the cat’s hairless appearance.
Now, in the game’s latest hotfix patch released today, Larian has bowed to fan pressure and removed His Majesty’s fur again.
“Hotfix #8 is now live for Baldur’s Gate 3,” the studio tweeted. “This update addresses several crashes and issues, including your party members transferring every important item to you upon dismissal. More importantly, we shaved His Majesty.”
To differentiate between His Majesty and Steelclaw, Larian has also changed the colour of Steelclaw’s eyes so the two character models are no longer identical.
“Thank you for re-balding the cat,” Twitter follower Emma Kent said.
“His Majesty is restored,” Luke Rogers added. “Most important patch in gaming history.”
The full patch notes for the latest hotfix are as follows:
Baldur’s Gate 3 – Hotfix 8 patch notes
- Companions will no longer transfer story items in their inventory to the player upon dismissal, restoring Patch 2 behaviour.
- Fixed reaction popups sometimes showing no text descriptions of the reactions available.
- Fixed a multiplayer crash that would occur when listening to a dialogue after an active roll.
- Eavesdrop will no longer trigger when a character is in any Character Creation session, such as level up or the magic mirror.
- Fixed a bug in Vulkan causing DEVICE_LOST crashes.
- Fixed a bug where Skeletons created using Animate Dead were missing their ranged weapons, despite specialising in them.
- Fixed an issue where the Weapon Master Feat would show as incomplete if a player was already proficient with all weapons.
- Fixed a crash when re-assigning characters in splitscreen.
- Fixed a visual issue with volumetric fog and materials generation.
- Fixed an issue with invalid savegames being created.
- Restored Raphael’s hair colour and horns. The House of Hope is once again fashion-forward.
- Fixed an issue where Splint Armour for Githyanki Females caused some unnecessarily psychedelic visual effects.
- Shaved His Majesty, who is once again a Sphynx. Steelclaw’s eye colour has been adjusted so they are no longer identical twins.
- Fixed Raphael’s portraits after restoring his hair colour. Maybe he’s born with it, maybe it’s Avernus.
- Fixed Twitch drops not being claimable on PS5.