Notice: To display this embed please allow the use of Functional Cookies in Cookie Preferences.
Just Cause studio Avalanche has released the first expansion for its open-world action game Generation Zero.
Alpine Unrest is available on all platforms now for $7.99/€7.99 and takes place one month after the game’s main story.
The expansion features new areas and locations to explore in the former ski resort island of Himfjäll. Players can “scout for machine activity from atop snow-covered ski-slopes, or scavenge the derelict cafes and shops for supplies,” the game’s developer says.
Alpine Unrest also adds new weapons, clothes, collectibles, and achievements.
Released in March 2019, Generation Zero is set in 1980’s Sweden. The local population has disappeared, and hostile machines roam the countryside.
The game received generally unfavourable reviews at launch, but its development team has delivered a steady stream of updates in the months since launch to improve the experience.
Key Features of Alpine Unrest
- Explore the beautiful, yet treacherous, snow-covered island of Himfjäll
- Expand on the story of Generation Zero with new missions
- For the first time meet with survivors, other than those in your group.
- New achievements and collectables for those that like to explore.
- Do battle with the fearsome new “Apocalypse” class machines.
- Expand your arsenal with the new KVM 89 Squad Automatic Weapon and KVM 59 Machine Gun.