While it’s “working on more permanent solutions”, the company has released four server-side hotfixes as temporary solutions.
The fixes address the following problems:
- Unable to proceed with Old Wounds
- Cannot interact with Estrid
- Unable to proceed with Unholy Father
- Cannot interact with NPC
- Unable to proceed with The Thegn of Lincoln
- Cannot interact with Aelfgar
- Unable to complete Falling Stars mystery
- Ysane doesn’t follow the player
Assassin's Creed Valhalla Guides:
If players are unable to progress the quests after loading their save game, Ubisoft said they should:
- Create a manual save
- Close the game entirely, then launch it again
- Load the created save
- You should now be able to proceed with the respective quest
“If you reload the game before proceeding with the respective quest, you’ll have to relaunch the game application before being able to proceed with the quest,” Ubisoft added.
Ubisoft will launch Assassin’s Creed Valhalla’s first major expansion, Wrath of the Druids, on April 29, 2021.
The first of two confirmed Assassin’s Creed Valhalla story expansions, it will see players travel to Ireland to uncover the mysteries of an ancient druidic cult.
A second Assassin’s Creed Valhalla story expansion, The Siege of Paris, will retell the Viking invasion of France in 845 AD when it arrives in the summer of 2021.