Notice: To display this embed please allow the use of Functional Cookies in Cookie Preferences.
The new upgraded versions offer a number of new features, including native 4K and HDR.
According to a new blog on the Apex Legends site, PlayStation 5 owners will have to manually download the PS5 version of the game from the PS5 dashboard.
The full list of upgrades in the new version includes:
- 4K output (PS5 / Series X)
- Full 60hz gameplay (PS5 / Series X|S)
- HDR (PS5 / Xbox Series X|S)
- Higher resolution shadow maps (PS5 / Series X)
- Greater LOD distances (PS5 / Series X)
Some features aren’t present yet in these new versions, however, and will be added in a future update. These include 120hz gameplay, adaptive triggers and haptics on PS5, and other general audio and visual improvements.
The upgrades will come as part of the Warriors Collection Event, which adds others new features such as the return of the 9×9 Control mode for the next two weeks.
A new arena map called Drop-Off has been added too. This is set in the Hammond Manufacturing Tower, which sits above Malta City and is host to arena matches at night.
The Caustic Treatment map has also been converted into “a three-point battleground”, with additional cover, ziplines and a hover tank added to the area.
The full list of other fixes and updates is as follows:
Apex Legends – Warriors Collection Event patch notes
Control mode updates:
- Fixed issue where players would not be able to see or select spawn points on the Spawn Menu after dying while stimmed as Octane.
- Removed the Turbo Charger from Purple Tier weapons – Players have to get their Ratings up to Gold Tier in order to get it.
- Several crash fixes to help with mode stability.
- Fixed a UI bug where Mythic ammo icon appears on non-crate weapons when auto-reloaded.
- Fix for ammo disappearing from Rampart’s mobile Sheila when firing.
- Double Tap burst fire delay reduced from 0.475 to 0.375.
- Double Tap recoil improvements.
- Ammo reserves increased from 120 to 140.
Hop-ups spawn rate adjustments:
- Increased spawn rate for Hammerpoint Rounds and Kinetic Feeder.
- Reduced spawn rate for Deadeye’s Tempo, Shatter Caps, and Boosted Loader.
- Fixed frame jitter that could appear while spectating a match.
- Fixed issue where Precision Choke was disabled by default on Golden TripleTake.
- Fixed issue where players could leave at the start of a match without being penalized.
- Fixed hack where players were able to duel-wield weapons.
- Fixed bug where players would not receive assist credit when damaging Gibraltar’s arm shield.
- Fix for bug when Crypto’s animation would glitch after using a finisher while in death protection.
- Fixed bug where players were unable to perform Ash’s skydive emote.
- Fixed bug where the Leaver Penalty warning would always show two minutes regardless of how many times you’ve disconnected.
- Fixed bug where damaging MRVN would count towards upgrading your Evo Shield.
- Fix for cases where Crypto can throw out multiple drones.
- Fix for cases where Pathfinder is able to grapple enemies indefinitely.
- Fix for cases where players are able to reset Wraith’s Tactical cooldown by ending her phasing while entering an Ash’s Portal.
- Fix for visual inconsistencies in Bloodhound’s Cyber Hunt skin.
- Arenas: Fix for a bug where music could cut off at the start of a match in Habitat 4.
- Arenas: Fix for visual bug where Legend abilities would stay onscreen during a match.
- Various fixes to charging systems in weapons to work more consistently and by design.
- Fix for cases where players could remove bullet spread when using ziplines.
- Fix for visual inconsistencies in reactive weapons after activating.
- Fix for cases where Wattson’s Ultimate’s shield regen would work through some windows in Command Center.
- Tropics Map: Fix for cases where players can be launched by Gravity Cannon while below it.
- Added tracker for “Battle Royale Wins”.