Notice: To display this embed please allow the use of Functional Cookies in Cookie Preferences.
Nintendo has released Animal Crossing: New Horizon’s version 1.3.0 update, adding new features such as diving.
The first of two planned Summer updates introduces the ability to swim in the ocean and dive for creatures like sea stars and eels, which can be donated to players’ museums.
While swimming, players will meet new character Pascal, who’ll trade DIY recipes for items including mermaid-themed furniture for scallops you find in the sea.
A pirate version of seagull Gulliver will also wash up on the shore from time to time, offering rewards for a helping hand.
Nintendo says a second free summer update will be released in early August, with details to be announced at a later date.
New Horizons has already outsold all previous Animal Crossing instalments, including New Leaf and Wild World, according to the platform holder.
Animal Crossing Ver. 1.3.0
- General Updates
- Players can now wear a wet suit and go diving in the ocean.
- Players can now catch sea creatures while diving, which they can then donate to the museum.
- Players can now encounter new visiting characters somewhere on the island.
- Nook Miles can now be traded for new items.
- New seasonal items have been added to the Nook Shopping catalog, available for limited time only.
- Fixed the following issues:
- The names of several fish have been fixed in Korean and Simplified Chinese.
- Addressed issues to further ensure an enjoyable gaming experience.