Notice: To display this embed please allow the use of Functional Cookies in Cookie Preferences.
The 35th anniversary items will be available starting on March 1 and include the Super Mushroom, blocks, coins, power stars and more. Players can even place Warp Pipes on their islands and easily travel between them.
Nintendo recently revealed that Animal Crossing: New Horizons’ phenomenal first-year sales surpassed even the hardware that runs it during 2020.
According to Nintendo’s latest financial results, New Horizons has sold in 31.18 million copies as of December 31, 2020. In comparison, Nintendo Switch sold in 27.3m units during all of 2020 – and Animal Crossing didn’t release until March of the same year.
As noted by Niko Partners analyst Daniel Ahmad, the impressive figures suggest that up to 39% of Nintendo Switch owners have bought Animal Crossing.
It also means that New Horizons is on its way to tripling the lifetime cumulative sales of 12 million for Animal Crossing: New Leaf, which was the previous best-selling entry in the series.
New Horizons was the second-best selling physical game in Europe last year, and the third best-selling game in the US even without considering digital sales.
Nintendo Direct news Feb 2021
- Splatoon 3 is real and releasing next year
- Zelda: Skyward Sword is coming to Switch with new controls
- A new Mario Golf is coming to Switch with a full Story Mode
- Smash Bros. Ultimate’s next DLC fighter is Pyra/Mythra from Xenoblade
- Zelda producer apologises for lack of Breath of the Wild 2 updates
- Animal Crossing’s Mario items include functioning Warp Pipes
- Square Enix reveals RPG Project Triangle Strategy with surprise Switch demo
- Fall Guys is coming to Nintendo Switch summer 2021
- No More Heroes 3 is coming in August 2021
- Outer Wilds will release for Switch summer 2021
- Ninja Gaiden remasters are coming to consoles and PC in June
- Nintendo’s avatar-themed RPG Miitopia is coming to Switch
- EA partners with Mario Kart Live studio for Knockout City
- Star Wars: Hunters is a new squad-based arena combat game