Among Us hits Switch today, Spelunky and more also coming to Nintendo’s console
New games revealed during latest Indie World live stream
Nintendo used Tuesday’s Indie World showcase to announce a host of games coming to Nintendo Switch.
Highlights of the presentation, which can be rewatched above, included InnerSloth’s Among Us releasing for Switch today, Team Meat’s Super Meat Boy Forever arriving on December 23 as a console launch exclusive, and Mossmouth’s Spelunky and Spelunky 2 hitting Switch in the summer of 2021.
Other games announced included:
- Grindstone from Capybara Games (out today)
- Calico from Peachy Keen Games (out today)
- Cyber Shadow from Mechanical Head Studios (January 26, 2021).
- Tunche from LEAP Game Studios (March 2021)
- Very Very Valet from Toyful Games (timed exclusive early 2021).
- Fisti-Fluffs from Playfellow Studio (spring 2021)
- Happy Game from Amanita Design (spring 2021)
- Alba: A Wildlife Adventure from ustwo games (spring 2021)
- Gnosia from Playism (early 2021)
“We want Nintendo Switch owners to feel like they’re on a journey of discovery, with new indie gems to uncover around every corner,” said Steve Singer, Nintendo of America’s SVP of publisher and developer relations.
“Thanks to the dedicated ingenuity of independent developers around the world who have chosen Nintendo Switch as a home for their games, the system continues to host a flourishing collection of unforgettable indie experiences for players to enjoy.”
Nintendo Switch Online is adding five new titles this week, including Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong’s Double Trouble (SNES). It will join the subscription service on December 18 alongside The Ignition Factor (SNES), Super Valis IV (SNES), Tuff E Nuff (SNES) and Nightshade (NES).