The latest patch for Alan Wake 2 has been released.
The patch, which Remedy calls the ’08 Update’, features “over 200+ individual improvements and fixes to the game”.
In particular, Remedy points out one fix, which corrects “an issue that caused the Ocranview Hotel Lobby Echo not to align correctly”.
“This one was really annoying – we apologise,” it wrote.
Remedy previously confirmed that Alan Wake 2 will receive a New Game Plus mode in a post-launch update, with “exact release timing still TBD,” and detailed plans for two paid Alan Wake 2 expansions, the first of which is scheduled to be released in spring 2024.
VGC’s Alan Wake 2 review called it “a confident and often ground-breaking thriller” featuring brilliant writing, incredible visuals and genuine scares.
The full patch notes are as follows:
Alan Wake 2 ’08 Update’ (November 2023) patch notes
- Various localization fixes, such as improved subtitle timings for all languages
- Improved localized audio for live-action cinematics
- Various audio-related improvements and additional polish
- Improved lip sync in some instances
- Fixed various graphical issues in the environments
- Fixed various minor issues in cinematics
- Minor improvements to image aliasing in Performance mode and Xbox Series S
- Improved lighting
- Fixed lighting bugs in multiple locations
- Various UI-related fixes and additional polish
- Various gameplay fixes and improvements
- Minor gameplay finetuning
- Improved auto-aim for specific circumstances
- Fixed rare player character animation issues
- Fixed various issues in the Case Board
- Fixed various map issues
- Several conversations failing to trigger and thus blocking progress later have been fixed
- Fixed Rose’s dialogue choices, sometimes not being selectable, blocking progress
- Fixed a rare issue with Saga’s lines not playing when going to the Sheriff’s Station, blocking progress
- Resolved a potential problem in the player getting stuck in a Case Board Tutorial
- Fixed exploration rewards for Lighthouse
- Fixed a bug where Saga could get stuck in the environment (“Crazy forest”)
- Fixed potential issue with players able to get stuck when falling from ladders
- Fixed potential issues with Dark Presence (it remains a threat)
- Fixed a rare crash
- Fixed a bug where Alan could fall through the environment
- Fixed a bug where Saga could fall through the world
- Fixed a bug in where a gate could get locked after reloading a save game, causing the player to get blocked from progressing
- Fixed an issue where, in rare circumstances, the player could end up outside of the game world when opening the map
- Fixed an issue where, in rare cases, the Lighthouse key could not be picked up
- Fixed a bug where Alan could get stuck in the environment
- Fixed an issue that caused the Oceanview Hotel Lobby Echo not to align correctly (this one was really annoying; we apologize)
- Fixed an issue where if the player performed specific tasks in an unpredictable order, the mission progress could get blocked
- Fixed an issue (much to Rose’s chagrin) with physics-related props that could block the player in and halt progress
- Fixed an issue where the player, in rare instances, could not exit the radio, TV, or manuscript interact modules.
- Fixed a bug that could cause graphics settings to reset when launching the game
- Improvements to PC Window handling logic
- Fixed mouse cursor sometimes not appearing in menus