“We are committed to Call of Duty: Mobile as an important part of the entire Call of Duty franchise and our overall mobile strategy,” the company said in a message published on the game’s Twitter account on Monday.
“We have the best fans in the world and intend to continue supporting the game with a robust roadmap of fresh CoDM content, activities, and updates for the long haul.”
In comments published last week, Activision Blizzard suitor Microsoft said it believed the long-term plan was to replace Call of Duty: Mobile with Warzone Mobile, which is scheduled for release this year.
“CoD: Mobile was developed and is owned by TiMi Studios, a subsidiary of Tencent,” Microsoft said in a response to the UK competition regulator’s investigation into its proposed $69 billion acquisition of Activision Blizzard.
“CoD: Mobile is expected to be phased out over time (outside of China) with the launch of Warzone Mobile.”
The company said at the time that Call of Duty: Mobile had enjoyed a record year in 2021, with consumer spending “well above” $1 billion, following a surge in downloads coinciding with its release in China.