A new Hogwarts Legacy patch is out now on PS5 and PC
PS5 Collector’s Edition Trophy fixed, PC crash issues improved
Avalanche Software has released a delayed Hogwarts Legacy patch for PlayStation 5, and a new update for PC users.
According to the developer, the PS5 patch addresses “overall gameplay performance and stability” as well as “online connection improvements”. It also fixes various gameplay issues, such as a Collector’s Edition Trophy bug, and issues with Owl Mail, world events and more.
This is the same patch released for Xbox and PC earlier this week. The full PlayStation 5 Hogwarts Legacy patch notes can be found at the bottom of this page.
Hogwarts Legacy - Gameplay Showcase II
Hogwarts Legacy guides:
Hogwarts Legacy Merlin Trials | Hogwarts Legacy Statues | Hogwarts Legacy Keys | Daedalian Key locations | Elder Wand location | Hogwarts Legacy killing curse | Hogwarts Legacy pages
In addition, a new PC update has been published for Hogwarts Legacy, which Warner says improves performance and stability, and fixes rebuilding of save game lists if manually deleted.
According to community manager Chandler Wood, the next Hogwarts Legacy patch will fix an issue with the Biscuit quest, which some players have been unable to complete.
Developed by Avalanche Software and published by Warner Bros. Games, Hogwarts Legacy is based on the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling.
Hogwarts Legacy will be released for PS4 and Xbox One on April 4, and for Nintendo Switch on July 25.
Hogwarts Legacy Feb 18 patch notes
PlayStation®5 Patch 01.000.004
Build Version - 1121649
Developer Note - This patch addresses overall gameplay performance and stability as well as online connection improvements primarily for PS5.
- Fixed issues with achievement data being properly pushed to the Wizarding World portal after linking
- Added additional retry connections to WB Games server in the event session expired
- Fixed a trophy cap limit resolving the Collector’s Edition trophy not updating correctly and retroactively unlocks and displays all earned trophies earned by the player. This resolves the following reported issues: HL-1191.
- Owl Mail
- Fixed an issue with mail not properly triggering the sequential mission
- World Events
- Fixed rare crash around certain locations where in-game World Events spawning
- Fixed a rare crash when respawning NPCs in the world
- Fixed crash with some NPC schedules
- Fixed issues with flickering occurring with a transparent head while hair is still present
- Updated localization text for additional content items
- Added Build version to first time EULA
- Fixed rare occurrence of mission descriptions not being displayed correctly
- Corrected VFX presentation of robe transformation
- Fixed a stability issue when skipping cutscenes
- Fixed a crash when playing cutscenes and cinematics
- Save Game
- Cleaned up autosaves properly when closing game
- Corrected a crash when save system was writing data
- Fixed error of rewriting last autosave slot
- Fixed an issue when restarting from last save around not being able to talk to a vendor after initial conversation. Resolves the following reported issues: HL-412, HL-494, HL-246, HL-1063, HL-590, HL-542, HL-976, HL-965, HL-1158, HL-1184, HL-1089, HL-1240, HL-1031, HL-1490, HL-1433, HL-89, HL-1930, HL-1086, HL-1636, HL-1585, HL-1028, HL-1933, HL-2606, HL-2062, HL-1587, HL-488, HL-498, HL-162, HL-1706, HL-2626, HL-2865, HL-2888, HL-2804, HL-2910, HL-2944, HL-3000, HL-3043, HL-3024
- Performance and Stability
- Improved performance on Fidelity mode
- Fixed rare crash around hovering over the map
- Fixed issue with wind causing distortion and stretching of world assets
- Fixed a rare occurrence with material swapping
- Fixed a rare crash with map assets state
- Fixed Rare crash occurring with in-game world events
- Fixed a memory leak with global lighting system HL-313
- Fixed a crash when trying to solve a Flying Cabinet
PC Steam/PC Epic Games
- Save Game
- Fixed rebuilding of Save Game list if manually deleted.
- Performance and Stability
- Improved crash collection to help chase rare crashes.