Ubisoft has confirmed it’s suspended two of its most senior games creatives as part of an ongoing investigation into sexual misconduct allegations.
An Ubisoft spokesperson told the publication: “These are under investigation, so we are not commenting further at this time.”
Francois and Béland are two of the most senior creatives within the Assassin’s Creed publisher, holding leadership roles in its editorial team, the influential group which steers the direction of all its games.
The suspensions follow a recent wave of allegations made against people in the games industry, including many Ubisoft employees.
Ubisoft responded to allegations on Thursday and said it was launching an investigation. In a statement it apologised to those affected and claimed it was “dedicated to creating an inclusive and safe environment for our teams, players, and communities.”
Earlier this month Dying Light 2 studio Techland cut ties with prominent game writer Chris Avellone after allegations of sexual harassment surfaced.