Tears of the Kingdom features amiibo support, and a huge variety of amiibo unlocks.
While a lot of the amiibo unlocks are similar to that of the first game, there’s some divergence that makes it well worth checking your figures once you unlock amiibo compatibility.
You’ll be able to use amiibo very quickly, as the option is given to you the second you get the main ability wheel.
You can use your amiibo once every 24 hours, but there’s a way to work around it. You’re also not guaranteed to get the items lised below every time you scan the amiibo, as there’s also a chance you’ll just get some items associated with it, such as a sword or a shield.
Here’s the full list of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom Amiibo unlocks.
We’ve added new information to this Zelda Tears of the Kingdom guide.
Breath of the Wild series amiibo unlocks
Did you breathlessly collect the Breath of the Wild amiibo? Good news, you can unlock yourself some exciting items and fabric patterns for your glider.
- Link (Rider variant) – Hylian Hood fabric
- Link (Archer variant) – Tunic of Memories fabric
- Zelda – Hyrule Princess Fabric
- Champion Revali – Rito Champion Fabric
- Champion Daruk – Goron Champion Fabric
- Champion Mipha – Zora Champion Fabric
- Champion Urbosa – Gerudo Champion Fabric
- Bokoblin – Bokoblin Fabric, chance of Bokoblin gear
- Guardian – Sheikah Fabric
Classic Zelda series amiibo unlocks
As well as the Breath of the Wild amiibo, Nintendo has also released several amiibo to celebrate the classic Zelda games, each of which comes with its own unlocks.
- Ocarina of Time – Lon Lon Fabric, Ocarina of Time armour
- Majora’s Mask – Majora’s Mask fabric, Fierce Diety armor
- Wind Waker – King of Red Lions Fabric, Wind Waker armor set
- Twilight Princess: Epona, Twilight Princess amour
- Link’s Awakening: Link’s Awakening armor
- Skyward Sword: Skyward Sword armor set
- Skyward Sword Zelda & Loftwing: Goddess armor
Smash Bros. series amiibo unlocks
The original set of Amiibo from Super Smash Bros. features several Zelda-themed amiibo, all of which unlock new items in the game.
- Link: Epona, Twilight Princess armor set
- Zelda: Twilight Princess fabric
- Sheik: Sheik fabrc, Shiekah blade
- Ganondorf: Demon king fabric, claymore (chance at monster items)
- Toon Link: Wind Waker fabric, Wind Waker armor
- Young Link: Hyrule fabric
How to reset the Amiibo timer
You can only scan your Amiibo once every 24 hours, however, there is a way to reset this so that you can scan them as many times as you’d like.
To do this, all you need to do is simply go to your Nintendo Switch‘s internal clock, and move it one day. Doing this, then shutting the game down and going back into it, will allow you to scan all of your amiibo again, which is vital if you’re desperate to find a specific piece of armor.