Zelda Makasura Shrine is one of The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom’s many small challenges scattered around the game world.
Our guide to Makasura Shrine – ‘An Upright Device’ will show what you need to do in order to solve its puzzles and unlock the hidden chest to obtain the Light of Blessing hidden within.
If you need help with other Tears of the Kingdom Shrines, you can visit VGC’s Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom guides hub for more valuable solutions.
Makasura Shrine Location
Makasura Shrine is located west of Hyrule Field, just underneath Kakariko Village and south of Lanayru Wetland.
Its exact coordinates are 1170, -1050, 0166.
Makasura Shrine Solution
In order to solve the Makasura Shrine, you’ll want to follow the following steps:
- Walk underneath the edge at the end of the room and use your Ascend ability to reach the top.
- In the next area you’ll find an L-shaped metal platform attached to a green device. If you hit the device, it will hold the platform upright.
- Move the platform close to the edge, hit the device to make it stand upright, then use Ascend to reach the top. Glide across the gap to reach the next area.
- In the next area, you’ll find another L-shaped metal platform attached to a green device.
- Use Ultrahand to carry it to the gated wall to the left. Hit the green device to stand the platform upright, Ascend to the top, and jump over the wall.
- Here you’ll find a green device, a metal platform with a bowl attached to it, and a ball.
- Attach the green device to the opposite end of the platform to the ball. Place the ball inside the bowl (not attached), and hit the device to slingshot it over the wall.
- Repeat the process, but with yourself standing in the bowl, to slingshot over the wall back where you came from.
- If it didn’t already land there, place the ball inside the activation hole, which will unlock a new area with another platform with a bowl attached.
- Attach this platform to the other platform in the area, to create a giant slingshot like this:
- Activate the green device and slingshot across the gap, completing the shrine and obtaining a Light of Blessing.