How do you solve the New York Times’ Connections puzzle today?
This article will give you NYT Connections hints and answers for today’s puzzle – Wednesday, October 25, 2023.
Whether you’re looking for some hints to guide you in the right direction, or just want the full answers, we’re here to help.
First, this guide will give you subtle hints, to give you ideas of what to think about while trying to form connections.
Then, we’ll give you a more obvious hint by giving you the actual connection titles for each group.
Finally, if you’re completely stuck, if you scroll to the bottom we’ll give you the answers.
NYT Connections – What is Connections?
Connections is one of the more popular puzzles on the New York Times website.
The player is given a grid of 16 different words or phrases and the aim is to group them into four different categories.
For example, if a grid contains the words Sparrow, Cuckoo, Swallow and Owl, they might fit into a group (since they’re all species of bird).
The trick is that some words may fit into more than one potential category: in the above example, however, Sparrow may also be in a group of fictional pirates, or Swallow might be a group of bodily functions.
You have to try to figure out all four groups without making any more than four mistakes.
NYT Connections – Hints for Wednesday, October 25, 2023
Here are some subtle hints for each group in today’s New York Times Connections puzzle.
For stronger hints, scroll down to the next section.
- Group 1 – Things that describe when something happened in grammar
- Group 2 – Things from a popular festive song
- Group 3 – Things you might say when you’re shocked
- Group 4 – Words that all come before a certain sticky substance
NYT Connections – Stronger hints for Wednesday, October 25, 2023
Still need help for today’s New York Times Connections puzzle?
Here are the names of all four groups (but not what goes into them):
- Group 1 – Grammar Tense Terms
- Group 2 – 12 Days of Christmas
- Group 3 – “Gracious Me!”
- Group 4 – ___ Syrup
NYT Connections – Answers for Wednesday, October 25, 2023
If you’re still completely stumped, here are the answers for today’s New York Times Connections puzzle.
Only look below if you definitely want to know the answer!
- Group 1 – Future, Past, Perfect, Present (Grammar Tense Terms)
- Group 2 – Drummer, Lady, Ring, Swan (12 Days of Christmas)
- Group 3 – Goodness, Heavens, Lord, Mercy (“Gracious Me!”)
- Group 4 – Corn, Cough, Maple, Simple (___ Syrup)