Mario Kart Tour’s Valentine’s Tour has gone live, adding several new characters, karts and gliders.
The two-week event runs until January 29 and is themed around the game’s Paris track, which was added last year.
Valentine’s Tour’s spotlight items are Baby Peach (Cherub), Apple Kart and Sweetheart Glider.
The event also adds Pink Shy Guy, who is available either in The Pipe or as part of a $19.99 / £19.99 Rubies pack.
Standard tour gifts include Baby Peach, Birthday Girl kart and Piranha Plant Parafoil, while Gold Pass subscribers can unlock Wendy, the Macharon kart and Strawberry Crepe glider.
The Valentine’s Tour also sees the end of the second Mario Kart Tour multiplayer test, which was the first to be expanded to all players and not limited to Gold Pass subscribers.
A VGC feature recently highlighted Mario Kart Tour features that Nintendo would do well to adopt for Mario Kart 9, including the mobile game’s combo system and track variants.
Mario Kart Tour Challenges
Tour Challenges 1
- Activate Frenzy mode 3 times
- Do 100 Mini-Turbo boosts
- Land 10 hits with Bob-ombs
- Get 1st place in a 150cc or higher race 3 times in a row
- Earn a score of 8,000 or higher using a baby driver
- Earn a score of 20,000 or higher in the Luigi Cup
- Cause an opponent to crash while gliding
- Land 3 hits with Super Horns
- Pick up a dropped Mushroom for a burst of speed
- Do 10 Ultra Mini-Turbo boosts
- Do a total of 5 Slipstream boosts
- Collect a total of 200 coins in races
- Take out 5 Piranha Plants
- Earn a score of 7,000 or higher on 3 T courses
- Collect 200 coins using a driver wearing a crown
- Get a combo count of x30 or higher
- Collect 300 coins from races in a single day
- Gets 1st place in a race in Paris 10 times