In Hogwarts Legacy, the floating candles map is one of the first treasure maps you’ll get access to.
While some maps are pretty complicated, thankfully the Floating Candles map solution is pretty simple and can be done very quickly.
How you get this quest will depend on your house, but thankfully we have a full guide for all houses below. So read on to find out how to solve the Hogwarts Legacy floating candles map.
Hogwarts Legacy guides:
We updated this Hogwarts Legacy Hogwarts guide with more information.
Hogwarts Legacy Floating Candles: How to get the Ghost of our Love quest
The floating candle map will be given to you in four different ways depending on which Hogwarts house you pick, but all four ways are during the course of the main story.
If you’re a Gryffindor, after you speak to Sir Patrick Delaney-Poddmore in The Hunt for the Missing Pages, the map is in the crypt next to the ghost.
For Slytherins, during the Scrope’s Last Hope quest, you’ll head to the cave under Hogwarts. Once there, place an offering on the stand and it’ll open a hidden piece of the cave, you can get the map here.
As a Hufflepuff, when you get The Prisoner of Love quest, head to behind the shop in Upper Hogsfield to find the map there.
And as a Ravenclaw, it’s in the Owlery during the Ollivander’s Last Heirloom quest.
If you’ve already played the quest as one of the houses and would like to see how it plays out when you’re in another house, you can follow our guide on how to choose your Hogwarts house.
Hogwarts Legacy Floating Candles map solution
To solve the Hogwarts Legacy floating candles map, head to the Forbidden Forrest at night. Travel to the Forbidden Forrest Floo network location.
You’ll spawn in looking at a wooden bridge. Turn to the left and head to the stone bridge. Ignite your wand with Lumos, and candles will appear.
Simply follow the candles through the Forbidden Forrest with Lumos and you’ll have solved the Ghost of our Love quest.
Those instructions in full:
- As a Gryffindor: Once you’ve spoken to Sir Patrick Delaney-Poddmore in The Hunt for the Missing Pages, the map is in the crypt next to the ghost.
- As a Slytherin: Head to the cave underneath Hogwarts during the Scrope’s Last Hope quest. Place the offering on the stand and it’ll open a hidden piece of the cave, you can get the map here.
- As a Ravenclaw: During the Ollivander’s Heirloom quest, he’ll send you to the Owlery in Hogwarts, where you’ll be told to solve a short puzzle. This will give you the floating candles map.
- As a Hufflepuff: During The Prisoner of Love quest, go behind the shop in Upperhogsfield need the vendor and the map will be in a chest.
- Head to the Forbidden Forrest Floo at night.
- Use Lumos to make the candles appear.
- Follow the candles.