FIFA 23 Road to the Knockouts is the first promo in FIFA 23 that offers upgraded players.
Based on the three UEFA competitions, players who receive FIFA 23 Road to the Knockouts cards will be upgraded if they meet certain criteria throughout the season.
These items are often some of the best items in the early game, so it’s definitely worth trying to pick some of them up, or complete the FIFA 23 Road to the Knockouts SBCs that will be added to the game.
FIFA 23 - FUT deep dive trailer
More FIFA 23:
FIFA 23 Bronze Pack Method | FIFA 23: Where are my FIFA Points? |FIFA 23 Ones to Watch release date| FIFA 23 The Griddy | FIFA 23 how to get Ted Lasso | FIFA 23 McGeady Spin | FIFA 23 Lengthy players | FIFA 23 FGS Swaps
FIFA 23 Road to the Knockouts: What is a Road to the Knockouts player?
Road to the Knockouts items are special upgraded Live Items in FUT 23 that have the potential to earn two further dynamic upgrades throughout the Group Stage of each tournament.
FIFA 23 Road to the Knockouts: How does a player get upgraded?
Players can get upgraded in two ways:
- If their team qualifies for the knockout stages of their current competition.
- If their club earns two wins from their four remaining Group Stage matches.
FIFA 23 Road to the Knockouts players
So far, three players have been confirmed for FIFA 23 Road to the Knockouts.
- Lionel Messi / PSG / OVR 92
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang / Chelsea / OVR 89
- Thomas Muller / FC Bayern / OVR 88
- Phil Foden / Manchester City / OVR 88
- Niklas Sule / Borussia Dortmund / OVR 87
- Federico Valverde / Real Madrid / OVR 87
- Gerard Moreno / Villareal / OVR 87
- Niklas Süle / Borussia Dortmund / OVR 87
- Thomas Lemar / Athletico Madrid / OVR 86
- Martin Odegaard / Arsenal / OVR 86
- Raphinha / Barcelona / OVR 86
- Martin Terrier / Rennes / OVR 85
- Ibrahima Konaté / Liverpool / OVR 85
- Zambo Anguissa / Napoli / OVR 84
- Jonathan Ikoné / Fiorentina / OVR 83
FIFA 23 Road to the Knockouts: Does a player need to play to earn upgrades?
No, Road to the Knockouts players do not need to have played for their team to receive any upgrade that they are eligible for.
FIFA 23 Road to the Knockouts: What happens if a player transfers or stops playing for a club in the tournament?
If a player is no longer registered for the club they represent at the start of the Road to the Knockouts campaign they will not be eligible for additional upgrades.
FIFA 23 Road to the Knockouts: What happens if a player’s club is knocked out of either of the tournaments?
If a player’s club is knocked out of any of the tournaments they will not be eligible for the qualification upgrade. This includes players who qualify for the UEFA Europa league by finishing third in their UEFA Champions League group.
FIFA 23 Road to the Knockouts: How long will it take for the attribute boost to be applied to a player item when an upgrade is earned?
Any Road to the Knockouts item upgrades can take up to a few days to update in-game.
FIFA 23 Road to the Knockouts: Will there be additional upgrades in the Knockout Stages?
Road to the Knockouts players are only eligible for upgrades during the Group Stages.