Lengthy FIFA players – The best lengthy players in FIFA 23
But who are lengthy players? How do you make a player lengthy, and why are FIFA 23 lengthy players so effective?
Lengthy FIFA players have already completely changed the game, thanks to the introduction of the AcceleRATE and how it affects the pace of footballers.
In FIFA 23 lengthy players and the AcceleRATE system are a new category which includes players that might not be the fastest to start out, but over time gain so much speed that they can often become faster than any other player in the game.
Some of the best lengthy players so far are Erling Haaland, Virgil van Dijk and Harry Kane. You can even make certain players that aren’t lengthy players naturally have the lengthy distinction by giving them the right chemistry style.
FIFA 23‘s lengthy meta could be at an end after players discovered an undocumented change to player pace in the latest FIFA 23 update.
The update, which has rolled out across consoles today, has increased the pace of explosive and controller players, making them significantly faster than the lengthy player, which had previously dominated the FIFA 23 meta.
But who are lengthy FIFA players? How do you make a player lengthy, and why are FIFA 23 lengthy players so effective? Read on to find out all about the AcceleRATE system and why you need to pay attention to it in FUT and beyond.
FIFA 23 - FUT deep dive trailer
More FIFA 23:
FIFA 23 Bronze Pack Method | FIFA 23: Where are my FIFA Points? |FIFA 23 Ones to Watch release date| FIFA 23 The Griddy | FIFA 23 how to get Ted Lasso | FIFA 23 McGeady Spin | FIFA 23 Lengthy players | FIFA 23 FGS Swaps
We checked for additional lengthy FIFA players on October 23, 2022, following the release of the Rulebreakers Team 2.
The following players in the Rulebreakers team are lengthy:
- Gerard Pique / CB / Barcelona / 89 OVR
- Edin Dzeko / ST, CF/ Inter / 88 OVR
- Leonardo Bonucci / CB / Juventus / 87 OVR
- Sergio Ramos / CB / PSG / 89 OVR
- Moussa Sissoko / CDM, CM / FC Nantes / 86 OVR
- Luuk de Jong / ST, CF / PSV / 86 OVR
- Maxence Lacroix / CB / Wolfsburg / 85 OVR
- Thomas Meunier / RB, RWB, RM / BVB / 84 OVR
- Sherlado Becker / ST, CF, RM / Union Berlin / 86 OVR
Lengthy FIFA players: What is a lengthy player?
FIFA 23 on the current-gen console introduced HyperMotion 2, a new animation system that completely changed the way pace is reflected in games. Now players that have low pace on their items, may actually be faster than players with high pace, due to their sprint style.
There are three distinct sprinting styles, controlled, explosive and lengthy.
Explosive players are faster over 10 yards, but then completely slow down. This style of pace is generally for smaller players. For average players with no standout stats, controlled is similar to how pace has always worked in the game.
However lengthy, which is typically given to tall players, can completely change how a game is played, with speed building up over time. If you can get past the first defender with a lengthy player, you’ll build up so much speed that you’ll be uncatchable.
Controlled – most players in FIFA 23 will fall into the Controlled type as they accelerate uniformly in a controlled manner.
Explosive – these are shorter and more agile players who are able to quickly cover short distances and get ahead of their opponents, even if that means slowing down after the initial burst of acceleration. These players are quicker to start but their acceleration rate slows down.
Lengthy – taller and stronger, these players need a bit more time to get going, but are able to catch up to anyone and even surpass them, provided they have enough distance. These players start slower but will thrive over longer distances.
In short, Explosive players can likely do better at short distances and one on one situations as opposed to Lengthy players who will do better over long distances such as in breakaways after a through ball for example.
AcceleRATE is assigned automatically to players based on a combination of their Height, Agility, and Strength Attributes. With that being said, Acceleration and Sprint Speed are still the main factors in determining how fast a player is overall.
This is how the AcceleRATE categories are assigned:
Agility >= 65
(Agility – Strength) >= 15
Acceleration >= 74
Height <= 180 cm (~ 5’11”)
Example player: Vinícius Jr.
Strength >= 65
(Strength – Agility) >= 14
Acceleration >= 55
Height >= 174 cm (~ 5’9”)
Example player: Virgil Van Dijk
Any player that does not meet the other two requirements above.
Example player: Son Heung-min
Lengthy FIFA players: How to make a player lengthy
Some players can become lengthy via chemistry styles. These change player stats making them fall into the lengthy category.
The chemistry style that is most effective for doing this is the architect, as it changes the correct stats on some high-level players such as Karim Benzema, making them lengthy when they’d traditionally be given the “controlled” sprint style.
The architect chemistry style gives a player +15 strength, which can push many players beyond the lengthy threshold when they would usually have a controlled or explosive style.
Lengthy FIFA players: Best lengthy players in FIFA 23
We’ve compiled a list of what we think are the best lengthy players in FIFA 23 in each position. Remember, as we mentioned above there are some players that you can turn into lengthy players with certain chemistry styles, so it’s worth experimenting to see if you can convert some of your favourite players to lengthy.
Lengthy FIFA players: Best lengthy strikers in FIFA 23
- Erling Haaland / ST, CF / Manchester City / 88 OVR
- Harry Kane / ST, CF / Tottenham Hotspur / 89 OVR
- Romelu Lukaku / ST, CF / Inter Milan / 86 OVR
- Dusan Vlahovic / ST, CF / Juventus / 84 OVR
Lengthy FIFA players: Best lengthy midfielders in FIFA 23
- Casemiro / CDM / Manchester United / 89 OVR
- Fabinho / CDM, CB / Liverpool / 87 OVR
- Sergei Milinkovic – Savic / CM / Lazio / 86 OVR
- Kessie / CDM, CM / Barcelona / 84 OVR
- Thomas Partey / CDM, CM / Arsenal / 84 OVR
Lengthy FIFA players: Best lengthy defenders in FIFA 23
- Virgil van Dijk / CB / Liverpool / 90 OVR
- Ruben Dias / CB / Manchester City / 88 OVR
- Kalidou Koulibaly / CB / Chelsea / 87 OVR
- Antonio Rudiger / CB / Real Madrid / 87 OVR
- Aymeric Laporte / CB / Manchester City / 87 OVR
- Saliba (Team of the Week) / CB / Arsenal / 83 OVR
Lengthy FIFA players: Best lengthy Heroes in FIFA 23
- Jurgen Kohler / CB / Bundesliga / 89 OVR
- Lucio / CB / Seria A / 89 OVR
- Mario Gomez / ST, CF / Bundesliga / 88 OVR
- Rafael Marquez / CB, CDM / La Liga / 88 OVR
- Yaya Toure / CDM, CM, CAM / Premier League / 87 OVR
- Peter Crouch / ST, CF / Premier League / 85 OVR
Lengthy FIFA players: Best lengthy Icons in FIFA 23
- Paolo Maldini / CB / Icon / Italy / 94 OVR
- Zinedine Zidane / CAM, CM, LM / Icon / France / 94 OVR
- Didier Drogba / ST / Icon / Ivory Coast / 91 OVR
- Marcel Desailly / CB / Icon / France / 91 OVR
- Patrick Viera / CM / Icon / France / 91 OVR
- Rio Ferdinand / CB / Icon / England / 90 OVR
- Sol Campbell / CB / Icon / England / 89 OVR